Enjoy the 20 kilometer long train journey through the village with spectacular views of the waterfalls and snow crowned mountains. The Flam railway is a remarkable journey in which one can get a glimpse of Norway’s wildlife, rivers, mountain farms and exquisite scenery. It is recommended to take this journey twice in a lifetime one during summer and the other during winter. The view undergoes a drastic change during both the seasons and accounts for an exceptionally different experience. The entire rail route has 20 tunnels of which 18 were hand built.
The Flam Railway Travel Tips
- During winters schedule your trip early during the day as the days are shorter.
- Visit the official website for details regarding departure time.
- Children between the ages of 4 to 15 get concession.
- Children under 4 do not need a ticket. Their travel is free.
- Open tickets are not inclusive of seat reservations for a specific train or time.
- There are 9 departures from May to September (high season) and only 4 departures during the rest of the year.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Flam Railway
- Adults- kr 420
- Children(age 4-15) – kr 160
One Way Trip:
- Adult - kr 320
- Child (4-15 years)- kr 160
- Eurail / InterRailpassengers
- Flam-Myrdal -kr 220
How to Reach The Flam Railway
- Bus: Habakken v.kr Bus stop
- Lardal v/Radhuset Bus stop
- Train: Flam Railway
- Aegir Brewery & Pub
- Flam Marina and Appartement Café
- Aegir Microbrewery
- Green Norway
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Flam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Flam and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Flam include The Flam Railway in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
53.05% of people start their The Flam Railway visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Flam Railway
90.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Flam Railway
The Flam Railway Reviews & Ratings
How do I book online for the flank railway and what are the pricesAnswer Report Abuse
You will have to visit the official website of Flamsbama or The Flam Railway to book the tickets online. The ticket prices start from NOK 440 onwards.Report Abuse