Wupatki National Monument572 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 25137 N. Sunset Crater-Wupatki Loop Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86004 , United States
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9286792365
- Ticket Price: 40 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Monument, Family And Kids
Wupatki National Monument is one of the various sites preserving the pueblos or villages of ancient people. There are various scattered ruins scattered in the desert, towards the North East of Flagstaff. The pueblos all have a distinctive red color, made with the local Moenkopi sandstone. The area is 2,000 feet lower than the volcanic region north of Flagstaff. The route is equally enthralling, with it passing through the pine and fir trees and descending into the arid scrub deserts.
Wupatki National Monument Travel Tips
- Be prepared for variable and extreme weather conditions.
- Dress in layers, because Wupatki weather can change quickly at any time of year.
- Because the pueblos are ancient and fragile, pets are not permitted on any trails.
- Never leave your pet in a vehicle, as desert temperatures can quickly cause heat stroke and death.
- Phones are answered during visitor center hours between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. MST.
- Phone service at Wupatki is affected by storms and strong winds and may be intermittent.
Entrance Ticket Details For Wupatki National Monument
- The price mentioned is for Flagstaff Annual Pass.
- Private Vehicle - Sunset Crater-Wupatki Entrance Fee: 20 USD
- Commercial Sedan - Sunset Crater-Wupatki Entrance Fee: 28 USD
- Commercial Van - Sunset Crater-Wupatki Entrance Fee: 40 USD
- Commercial Bus - Sunset Crater-Wupatki Entrance Fee: 100 USD
- Bicyclist/Pedestrian - Sunset Crater-Wupatki Entrance Fee: 10 USD
- Motorcycle - Sunset Crater-Wupatki Entrance Fee: 15 USD
How to Reach Wupatki National Monument
- Rented cabs and taxis can be taken.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Flagstaff before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Flagstaff and book an accommodation of your choice.
46.35% of people who visit Flagstaff include Wupatki National Monument in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
90% of people start their Wupatki National Monument visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Wupatki National Monument
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wupatki National Monument