Are you looking for what to do in Flam?
PLACES TO SEE
- Fjords: Norway is renowned worldwide for its strategically located Fjords. The Fjords of Flam, Norway would include the Naeroyfjord, Fjaerland fjord and Songefjord.
- Flamsbana: Experience the magnificent, scenic beauty of nature with a glimpse of the famous fjord, mountains, waterfalls and more through a journey on the steepest rail routes of the world.
- Fjords: Norway is a country known for its beautiful fjords. The Naeroyfjord and the Fjaerland fjord are two distinct and remarkable attractions in Flam, Norway.
- Stegastein Viewpoint: Flam is a naturally beautiful part of Norway and is incomplete without its view points. The Stegastein viewpoint was built to give its tourists the best glimpse of the beautiful village through a panoramic view.
- Flam Railway Museum: You may think there is nothing great about a railway station, but the marvelous engineering that helped the station rank first in the world popularizing it for its steepness, called for a documentation center especially for those inquisitive with the building of the flam railway. The museum is remarkable and indeed impressive.
- Borgund Stave Church: The church was constructed around 1180 and is considered as one of the best preserved and well maintained churches of Norway.
- Fretheim Cultural Park: The cultural park offers magnificent view points, arts, a huge playground, walking paths and a glimpse of the lovely mountains, waterfalls and the fjord.
- Laerdal Road Tunnel: The Laerdal tunnel is the longest tunnel in the world which is reason enough to experience a drive through it. The tunnel connects a couple of villages.
- The Aurland Valley: Commonly known as the Grand Canyon on Norway, the Aurland valley stretches from the mountains to the fjord. If you enjoy hiking and are looking for something more adventurous, this valley is something you should try.
- The Salmon Center: River Laerdal is popular worldwide for the quality of salmons it possesses. The salmon center emphasizes on the history and other details of the same.
Below we have a list of things to do in Flam and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Flam getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Flam with confidence.