Florence is a marriage of romance and art. The city of dazzling history, daunting structures and around 80 museums, Florence is something you just can’t get enough of. Its churches San Miniato al Monte, San Lorenzo, Santa Maria Novella, Santa Trinita, the Brancacci Chapel at Santa Maria della Carmine, Santa Croce, Santo Spirito, SS Annunziata, Ognissanti constitute to be some of the finest in the world adding to the stunning skyline of the city (check Florence tours available for these amazing architectures.
One of the most important cities of Europe, from the 1300’s to the end of 1500’s, Florence is where money was reinvented in the form of golden florins. A chief financer for the English kings for the hundred years of their war, Florence was also responsible to the industrial development of entire Europe, from Bruges to Britain and Lyon and Hungary. The birthplace of opera and the Italian Renaissance where pioneers like Dante, Petrach and Boccaccio were discovered is what the city is all about. The city has given the world many talented people like Filippo Brunelleschi and Leon Batist'Alberti who invented Renaissance and neoclassical architecture, forever changing the face of cities all over Europe. With more than 80 museums, art galleries, churches and much more the city is a must visit for any traveller .With great places to walk and explore the city, it is no wonder that Florence is the favourite city of so many people all over the world.
So visit the place and indulge in the art and music scene of the destination and be one with Italy. Do try the cuisine here as Italian cuisine is considered one of the finest ones. There are lots of night clubs and pubs that can be enjoyed in the destination and hence makes it the picture perfect destination.
Travel to Florence, soak your soul in its sparkling beauty and you’ll be proud of planning this sojourn!
Essential travel information and Florence tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC +1
- Currency: Euro
- Electricity and Internet: 230V, 50Hz (European or Italian plug)
- Languages: Italian is the primary language. French, Spanish and English are spoken.
- Police Phone: 113
- Medical emergency service Phone: 118
- Lost and found: 055 328 3942 - 328 3943
- Tipping is generally not expected. Although, if your cab driver helps you carry the luggage, he will expect a modest tip.
- The city is pretty safe but still a little precaution does not hurt as there are some Pick-pocketing cases in the region. Especially if you are using the public transport, be careful about your belongings.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes to explore the city.
- Suggested to check the availability of some awesome and popular Florence tours before you go for booking.
Florence Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Florence. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Florence trip planner.