Once upon a time, it was thought to be one of the greatest open air museums AND one of the greatest examples of ‘green architecture’, this awe-inspiring park took four centuries – from the 15th to the 19th – to build, under the patronage of the Medici and the Lorraine families. Designed by Niccolò Tribolo under instruction from the Borgolo family, the gardens have been worked upon by other famous architects such as Giorgio Vasari, Bartolomeo Ammannati and Bernardo Buontalenti. It doesn’t matter what season you visit the garden in, you’ll be just as struck by its majesty. Over the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries, the garden saw a lot of additional beautifying, until it was so lavish that it came to be thought of as an outdoor museum.
Highlights of the garden are:
- An amphitheatre of stone inspired by Roman mythology.
- Neptune’s fountain statue
- Statue of The Abundance
- The Isolloto, an oval shaped island in a tree enclosed pond, surrounded by statues of Greek gods.
- The Large Grotto, which is filled with sculptures in mannerist style.
- The Grotto of Madama
- The Cypress Road
In the middle of the Gardens, you’ll also find the Porcelain museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Boboli Garden
- Combination ticket: Silver Museum,Porcelain Museum, Boboli Gardens, Costume Gallery: EUR 7/ EUR 3.50 for reduced prices.
- Free for kids under 6, disabled and their helpers, authorized tour guides and leaders, teachers accompanying school groups
- You can get an EUR 11.50 combination ticket for the entire Palazzo Pitti-Boboli Garden complex.
Boboli Garden Hours
- Last entrance is 30 minutes before closing time.
How to Reach Boboli Garden
- Bus 11 ;stop-San Felice or Pitti
- Buses D and C3; stop- Bardi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Florence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Florence and book an accommodation of your choice.
35.41% of people who visit Florence include Boboli Garden in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
42.24% of people start their Boboli Garden visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Boboli Garden
77.02% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Boboli Garden