Lionardo Buonarroti was nephew to Michelangelo. The famous painter and sculptor owned this house, but never resided in it. Today the house famous for containing two of Michelangelo’s most important sculptures - the Madonna of the Steps and the Battle of the Centaurs. There is also a an immense library, collected over the centuries; the library contains some of Michelangelo’s personal communications and drawings. Other highlights of the museum:
- Collections of rare fine art
- The Crucifix of Santo Spirito
- Wooden model for the façade of San Lorenzo
- Beautiful frescoes on the ceiling of the studio room
Several times a year the museum organises exhibitions on thematic discourses of Michelangelo’s life and art.
Casa Buonarroti Travel Tips
- Between 9am - 1:30pm, you may call the museum to book guided tours.
Entrance Ticket Details For Casa Buonarroti
- EUR 4.50 for reduced categories. Ask to find out if you are elgible to avail this discount.
How to Reach Casa Buonarroti
- Buses 23, C1, C3 stop Verdi
- Buses C2 and C3 stop Malborghetto
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Florence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Florence and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.64% of people who visit Florence include Casa Buonarroti in their plan
66.67% of people start their Casa Buonarroti visit around 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Casa Buonarroti
66.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Casa Buonarroti