Chiostro Dello Scalzo115 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via Camillo Benso Cavour, 69, 50100 Firenze FI, Italy, 50129, Florence
- Timings: 08:15 am - 01:50 pm Details
- Phone: +39-055238860
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Buildings And Structures
Though the church was built for the brotherhood in 1376, the could not keep it – in 1785, Pietro Leopoldo of Lorraine dissolved the brotherhood and sold off practically all their property. What remains is the attraction today – a cloister with sixteen frescoes in chiaroscuro, showing scenes from St. John the Baptist’s life. The frescoes are an excellent example of the style known as Mannerism, and show great technical mastery of the form. They are haunting and enchanting, for all that they are monochrome. It’s just when you’re about to leave, when you realise this is one of the most beautiful and hidden places you’ve seen in your life.
Chiostro Dello Scalzo Hours
- 1st, 3rd, 5th Saturday of each month: 8.15 am to 1.50 pm.
- Second and fourth Sunday of each month: 8.15 am to 1.50 pm.
- Closed: 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month.
- Closed: 1, 3 , 5th Sunday of the month.
How to Reach Chiostro Dello Scalzo
- 307 A stop Via Cavour
- 10, 11, 17, 52, 54 stop La Marmora
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Florence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Florence and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.52% of people who visit Florence include Chiostro Dello Scalzo in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
42.86% of people start their Chiostro Dello Scalzo visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Chiostro Dello Scalzo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chiostro Dello Scalzo