Duomo Museum1718 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Piazza del Duomo, 9, 50122 Firenze, Italy, Florence Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-552302885
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids, Sculpture
A great many works of art were created for the Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, that were never placed inside, and some that were removed. This museum, right next to the Duomo, is where these spectacular pieces of displaced art are stored. There are also some other works removed from their original locations for conservation.
Its highlights are:
- Lorenzo Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise doors for the Baptistery of Florence Cathedral.
- The singing-galleries by Luca della Robbia and Donatello.
- The Deposition, a pietà Michelangelo made for his own tomb.
- Silver altar with scenes from the life of Saint John the Baptist.
- The original sculptural decoration of Giotto’s Bell Tower.
The organisation, Opera di Santa Maria del Fiore, was created in the 13th century to oversee the creation of the Cathedral, and to look after its maintenance. This task it performs to this day.
Duomo Museum Travel Tips
- Check out the art shop.
Duomo Museum Hours
- Ticket offices closed 30 minutes before closing time.
How to Reach Duomo Museum
- Buses 14, 23, and C1; stop- Pucci
- Bus C2; stop- Oriuolo
- Bus 6 and 11; stop- Vecchietti
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Florence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Florence and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Duomo Museum Address: Piazza del Duomo, 9, 50122 Firenze, Italy, Florence
- Duomo Museum Contact Number: +39-552302885
- Duomo Museum Timing: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Duomo Museum Price: 6 EUR
- Time required to visit Duomo Museum: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
6.99% of people who visit Florence include Duomo Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
27.54% of people start their Duomo Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Duomo Museum
54.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Duomo Museum
People normally club together Museo Galileo and Mercato Centrale while planning their visit to Duomo Museum.