Giardino Degli IrisCurrently Open
- Address: Piazzale Michelangiolo, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy, Florence
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-55483112
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, View Point, Family And Kids, Exhibition
The garden is devoted entirely to the cultivation and showcasing of the iris flower. An annual competition is held in which 1500-2000 flowers are brought to display. It’s right next to Piazzale Michelangelo, and so shares the same beautiful views of Florence. Its main exhibition is the tall bearded iris border. Other varieties include intermediate, Japanese, sibirica, and Louisiana.
Giardino Degli Iris Travel Tips
- Partially disabled accessible.
- Free guided tours in Italian and English on request.
Giardino Degli Iris Hours
- Specific opening days are subject to change from year to year. Check Italian Iris Society website for updates.
- Late May – Late April: Open by appointment only. Tours can be booked at the Italian Iris Society website.
How to Reach Giardino Degli Iris
- Bus 12 and 13 stop Il David/Piazzale Michelangelo.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Florence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Florence and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.12% of people who visit Florence include Giardino Degli Iris in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
95% of people start their Giardino Degli Iris visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Giardino Degli Iris
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Giardino Degli Iris
People normally also visit Ponte Vecchio while planning their trip to Giardino Degli Iris.