OrsanmicheleCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Via dell'Arte della Lana, 50123 Florence, Italy, 50122
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 39-055284944
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Landmarks, Community And Government, Religious, Churches
Orsanmichele - Review
The Orsanmichele is a basilica situated in the Italian city of Florence. The building was built on the site of the kitchen arrangement of the cloister of San Michele, which has been taken down presently. Situated upon the Via Calzaiuoli in Florence, the church was initially constructed in 1337 by Francesco Talenti as a grain trading zone. He was assisted by the famous native architects named Neri di Fioravante, Benci di Cione and a few others. Duringthe span from 1380 to 1404, the building had been transformed into a church which has ever since been regarded as a famous basilica of Florence's compelling specialty and exchange organizations. The ground storey of the square building houses the thirteenth century architectural curves that basically framed the loggia of the grain business. The second floor had been structured for accommodating work places, while the third floor accommodated one of the city's major civil grain storage facilities, upheld to withstand starvation or siege. Later during the fourteenth century, the organizations were charged by the city for the requisition of statues to adorn the fronts of the church.
- The veneers had borne 14 magnificent architectures which were filled during the stretch from 1399 to 1430. The three of the wealthiest societies had taken the responsibility to cast the statues in bronze, which required more or less ten times the measure of the original stone figures.
- Museum is open on Mondays :10:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Chruch is open everyday : 10:00 am - 5:00 pm (Closed on Mondays in August).
How To reach Orsanmichele by Public Transport
- Via dell'Artedella Lana
Restaurants Near Orsanmichele
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Florence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Florence and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Orsanmichele
6.05% of people who visit Florence include Orsanmichele in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
58.44% of people start their Orsanmichele visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Orsanmichele
90.89% of people prefer walking in order to reach Orsanmichele
Orsanmichele, Florence Reviews
The museum is only open Saturday and Monday, but the church is always open. It is small but really cool. Not worth seeing unless you are close to it, but it's in the center and it's free to go in. The place is really pretty and tends to be filled with people inside so beware.
It is free and is really good. Close to Uffizi Gallery and a couple other thing so it is worth seeing if you are close
Amazing place with a museum upstairs with spectacular views over Florence
Fantastic place. Not a kitchen . nor a garden.
The church is free to enter and is the perfect balance of beautiful art and stained glass windows. Small but perfectly formed.