San Frediano In Cestello70 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via di Cestello, 4, 50124 FI, Italy, Florence Map
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-055215816
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Statue, Family And Kids, Tower, Architecture
Churches tend to spring up around sites of reported miracles. For this one, it was the tale of St. Fridianus, who crossed the River Arno while it was raging, at a nearby spot. Reports of a church on this site date back to before the 11th century. The Baroque Roman Catholic Building you see today was completed towards the end of the 17th century. There used to be a convent here, made famous by the ecstatic visions of Saint Magdalena de Pazzi. Her visions told of divine wills reforming the Church. After her death, she was transferred to the church that now bears her name. Highlights of this church are:
- A statue of St Maria Maddalena de' Pazzi.
- A statue ofSt. Bernard of Clairvaux defeats the devil.
- A polychrome wooden Madonna and child.
- Frescoes on the life of the founder of the Cistercian order.
- The majestic cupola and bell tower.
- Frescoes of the glory of St. Magdalena on the dome.
San Frediano In Cestello Travel Tips
- The entrance can be hard to spot. It’s a small door in the alley to the west of the church.
- The church is reported sometimes closed even during its opening hours.
How to Reach San Frediano In Cestello
- San Frediano 04 Bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Florence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Florence and book an accommodation of your choice.
- San Frediano In Cestello Address: Via di Cestello, 4, 50124 FI, Italy, Florence
- San Frediano In Cestello Contact Number: +39-055215816
- San Frediano In Cestello Timing: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm
- Best time to visit San Frediano In Cestello(preferred time): 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Time required to visit San Frediano In Cestello: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.28% of people who visit Florence include San Frediano In Cestello in their plan
64.29% of people start their San Frediano In Cestello visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see San Frediano In Cestello
90% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting San Frediano In Cestello
People normally club together Basilica Di San Miniato Al Monte and Gate Of Saint Nicholas while planning their visit to San Frediano In Cestello.