Uffizi Gallery16253 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Piazzale degli Uffizi, 50129 Firenze, Italy, Florence
- Timings: 08:15 am - 06:50 pm Details
- Phone: +39-559757007
- Ticket Price: 19 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Family And Kids
It would not be an exaggeration to call this gallery one of the most important in world art history. Shaped as a ‘U’ single long hallway, it’s magnificent frescoed ceilings and breath-taking collection of paintings draw over 1.8 million visitors every year (normally more than 10,000 everyday). To list the iconic masterpieces in the gallery would takes ages and pages. You may do so on the attraction website; here, instead, we’ll simply list the names of the masters whose works hang in the hall. They are: Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Titian,Rembrandt, Caravaggio, Hugo van der Goes, Giovanni Bellini, Francisco Goya , Pieter Paul Rubens, Anthony van Dyck, Ambrogio Lorenzetti, Parmigianino, Giotto, Sandro Botticelli, and many, many more.
The building in which the gallery is housed was built in the 16th century to house the offices ‘Uffizi’ of Florentine magistrates.
Uffizi Gallery Travel Tips
- Buy tickets online to skip long queues on site (waiting times in peak season can take up to 5 hours).
- You may want to visit after 4pm, when the larger groups have already left.
- Parking under the Santa Maria Novella (SMN) train station.
- Three wheelchairs available.
- Rent an audio guide inside.
- Non-commercial photography allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Uffizi Gallery
- Free for under 18s, handicapped and disabled.
- EU citizens between 18 and 25, and teachers qualify for reduced prices at half rate.
- Free admission for everyone first Sunday of every month.
Uffizi Gallery Hours
- Ticket office closes 6:05pm.
- Entrance is every 15 minutes.
How to Reach Uffizi Gallery
- Buses D and C3 stop Ponte Vecchio
- Palazao Tempi
- Fusion Bar
- Ponte Vecchio
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Florence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Florence and book an accommodation of your choice.
76.82% of people who visit Florence include Uffizi Gallery in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
51.99% of people start their Uffizi Gallery visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Uffizi Gallery
66.55% of people prefer walking in order to reach Uffizi Gallery