Villa La Pietra51 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via Bolognese, 120, 50139 Firenze, Italy, Florence
- Timings: 01:00 pm - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-05550071
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts, Photo Gallery, Sculpture
Built in the 15th century, reformed in the 17th, the villa was purchased by Arthur Acton in 1903. It passed to his son, who bequeathed it to the New York University in 1994. It was certainly a precious endowment – the villa holds an incredibly precious collection of art of Anglo-American tastes. Covering over 5000 items, these include panels, tapestries, sculpture, furniture, ceramics, silverwork, a 12000-volume library and 16000 photographs. The presentation of the villa is not that of a museum, but of a finely decorated home.
The gardens of the villa are in Renaissance Revival style and are an attraction in their own right. They took 20 years to complete, and have an impressive statuary – over 180 sculptures from Roman times to the 19th century.
Villa La Pietra Travel Tips
- Visits are by reservation only.
- There is ample parking space.
Entrance Ticket Details For Villa La Pietra
- EUR 12 for a tour of the gardens only.
Villa La Pietra Hours
- Tours are on Friday afternoons only.
- Tour of gardens alone are on Tuesday mornings.
- Tours are unavailable in August and during the winter break mid-December to mid-January.
How to Reach Villa La Pietra
- Take the ATAF bus no. 25 from Piazza San Marco and get off at the "La Pietra" stop.
- You may drive to the villa.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Florence before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Florence and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.23% of people who visit Florence include Villa La Pietra in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
95% of people start their Villa La Pietra visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Villa La Pietra
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Villa La Pietra