You know how every place with a beach becomes an instant hit with tourists. Well, Florianopolis is one such example. The best part about this capital of southern Brazil’s Santa Catarina state is that it actually does justice to its status of being a beautiful city with lovely beaches. Along with a beautiful salt water lagoon, where wind surfing is a way to define lifestyle, this place has a lot to offer to anyone who takes the time out to explore it. Formed by an ocean island, it is only fair that the resort areas of this city act like a perfect getaway for you. The island in the vicinity has 42 beaches and they are very conveniently connected. Avenida Beira Mar Norte is a waterfront promenade which is bustling with people at all times. Once you are done having the quintessential experience of a touristy city, you can slowly change your path to the beautiful Cathedral Metropolitana and ultimately get back to the city’s center town- Praca XV De Novembro.
But is it only about beaches you ask? The truth is that, Florianopolis has another side which is known only by locals and people who have given it enough time. If you wish to do something slightly off beat, then the oyster tour and wine tasting tour of the city is a lovely option to go for! Even the historic side is as mesmerizing as the beaches. The skyline here acts as an amazing view in the morning but at night it becomes magical. Basically, this city is a lovely addition to your itinerary- with museums, beaches, vibrant yet subtle night life; it has everything you need for a perfect getaway destination. Much like the beautiful bridges that connect these two sides of the city, even your transition from history to recreation will be effortless and lovely.
Essential travel information and Florianopolis tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC−03:00
- Currency: Brazilian Real
- Electricity: The voltage in Curitiba is 110 V and the frequency is 60 Hz.
- Internet: The Internet speed is fairly high. But free wi-fi is not readily available.
- Languages: Brazilians speak Portuguese with a local touch to the language. German and Italian are also widely spoken in Curitiba, along with English in touristy areas.
- Emergency Contact numbers: 190 (police), 192 (ambulance)
GENERAL TIPS AND WARNINGS
- Do not carry too much money with you at any time.
- Be specially aware on the beaches of your belongings.
- Do not travel alone at night after hours.
- Take a taxi at night even if you have to walk close distances.
- Carry ample amount of sun screen.
- Most areas are safe, just exercise precaution.
- Keep someone aware of your actions and places you visit at all times.
- At almost all restaurants and bars, a standard "servico" service fee of 10% is included as a line item at the end of the "conta" or bill. It is not compulsory.
- It is not customary to give tips in Brazil. Only if you find the service exceptional and have a good exchange rate, you can let people know by being generous.
Florianopolis Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Florianopolis. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Florianopolis trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Florianopolis
Save 7%Shared transfer from Floripa Airport to Balneario CamboriuNew on TripHobo
1 Hr 15 Mins