Fort Garland Museum
About Fort Garland Museum, Fort Garland
Fort Garland (1858–1883), Colorado, United States, was designed to house two companies of soldiers to protect settlers in the San Luis Valley, then in the Territory of New Mexico. It was named for General John Garland, commander of the Military District of New Mexico.Wikipedia
Overview of Fort Garland Museum
Home to Fort Garland Museum is the city of Fort Garland in the country of United States. If you have enough time to explore the interiors of the city, you will pass by Fort Garland Museum.
More about Fort Garland
Find the joy in planning a D.I.Y. trip by using this awesome Fort Garland trip planner.
Share your experience - Rate Fort Garland Museum, Fort Garland
More historic places like this need to exist! All the information has been updated within this century, something less common than you'd think. You're free to walk around the beautiful and scenic grounds of the fort, and explore and imagine what life was like for the men and women who lived here over a hundred years ago. I highly recommend everyone come check out this unique, wonderfully preserved part of American history.
My 13 year old daughter said "I thought it was going to be boring, but it was very informative.". It kept 3 adults and 2 kids entertained and we all learned something. There were a lot of displays that you can touch/pickup items.
Well preserved site. Enjoyed seeing this old fort. I love history and this place has plenty.
I was truly amazed with the amount of historical artifacts that the museum had. It is a must see!!! I loved it!
Well preserved piece of civil war and colonization of the west history. Informative displays.
- Other Attractions
- Anacortes Ferry Terminal
- Sunrise Inn Villas And Suites
- Causland Park
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 5 Star Hotels Near Anacortes Ferry Dock
- Luxury Hotels Near Burlington, Wa
- Hotels Near Mount Vernon Skagit Transportation Center Amtrak
- Budget Hotels Near Anacortes City Center
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Anacortes Ferry Terminal
- Budget Hotels Near Anacortes - Shell
- Budget Hotels Near North Oak Harbor, Wa
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Sunrise Inn Villas And Suites
- Luxury Hotels Near Anacortes Airport
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Causland Park
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Fort Garland, Evans, Lyons, Marble
- 9 Day Trip to Colorado Springs, Fort Garland, Nathrop, Estes Park, Divide from Bentonville
- 44 Day Trip to United States from New Palestine
- 3 Day Trip to Fort Garland from West Monroe