Fort Myers Tourism
Located in southwest Florida, Fort Myers, is also known as the “City of Palms”. A small town with a rich culture and heritage to it. The town is exceptionally artistically bent, with a great legacy of art and culture. The whole city is replete with museums, galleries, art houses, theatres etc. It goes without saying that Fort Myers has an affinity towards art, in all its shapes and forms. Fort Myers is a treat for connoisseurs of arts of all sorts.
Fort Myers has beaches and many parks all over, which makes it a highly family friendly place. There are lakes and ponds wherein one can fish and luxurious malls, with all sorts of branded stores and outlets. There are quirky shops and lanes, which sell souvenirs and gifts, that are unique to the place.
There is the touch of history with fountains and estates dedicated to Thomas Edison and Henry Ford. Apart from its rich culture and history that it holds, Fort Myers is also known for its pristine white beaches and the deep water beaches that it allows for. Fort Myers is also the commercial centre of Florida and a major tourist spot in Florida.
Essential travel information and Fort Myers tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC -7
- Currency: American Dollar (USD)
- Electricity and Internet: Standard output is 110-120V. WiFi connectivity is present almost everywhere and cellular connectivity provides 3G and 4G services.
- Languages: Predominantly English speaking population.
- Security: Dial 911 or emergencies.
- Tipping: Tipping is highly appreciated everywhere on good service but is not compulsory.
Fort Myers Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Fort Myers. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Fort Myers trip planner.