Railroad Museum Of South Florida, Fort Myers
Railroad Museum Of South Florida, Fort Myers - Address, Phone Number
Address: 7330 Gladiolus Dr, Fort Myers, FL 33907, United States
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 03:45 pm Details
Added 740 times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Railroad Museum Of South Florida, Fort Myers
This museum is a collection of every piece of history that the Florida railroads hold. Towards the north of the museum, you get to see artifacts, pictures, model railroads and quite a few items from the past of the Florida railroads. There are books on the same subject present as well. The 1/8th scale railroad that this museum houses travels through villages, parks, hills, boulevards, encountering rough terrain and busy lanes. It is a fun filled place which holds the history of railroad development of Fort Myers.
Railroad Museum Of South Florida Information
- Trains leave the station every 20-30 minutes.
- Trains do run on most rainy days in between rain storms.
- Train delays may be caused by rain, track work and derails; these events and delays are rare.
- Pregnant woman are not allowed to ride.
- People under the age of 1 are not allowed to ride.
Railroad Museum Of South Florida Ticket Prices
- USD 1.00 for children (1-5 years old)
- Group Rates are available with reservation.
Railroad Museum Of South Florida Opening and Closing Hours
- Holidays (Labor Day): 10:00am to 3:45pm
- Easter Bunny Express : Good Friday-Sat-Sun : 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- American Liberty Express: July 4th thru July 31st : 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Halloween Express: October 16th to October 31st: 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm nightly
- Holiday Express Festival of Lights: December 11th thru December 30th: 6pm-8:45pm nightly. Stays closed on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
How To reach Railroad Museum Of South Florida by Public Transport
- Fort Myers Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fort Myers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fort Myers and book an accommodation of your choice.
Railroad Museum Of South Florida, Fort Myers Reviews - Write a Review
Lots of fun for the kids. The train ride is awesome and the museum has a nice display.
Small museum with lots of cool stuff. There is a 1/2 mile mini train ride that was fun.
My toddler loved the train ride!
Regarding ride on train: I may change my rating later, but I think it's ridiculous that a place can't keep accurate hours on their website. Call ahead of time and don't trust the website, or you may have a disappointed child like us. The park is nice, but not worth the 1 hour drive for us.
I did ir
- Nearby Attractions
- Arlington House - The Robert E. Lee Memorial