Fort Wayne Museum Of Art100 Votes Currently Open
Opened in 1897 as an Art School, the place received donated art works from Theodore Thieme in 1921and since then has adopted the functionality of a museum.
In 1977, the museum was separated from what would be known as the Department of Fine arts at Indiana University.
The museum stands today to offer a rare window into art across the the centuries and is known to have more than a billion visitors annually!
Walk in to see rare paintings, sculptures and art of every kind come to life as you take a walk along the exhibits. A must for art lovers and a necessity for anyone who wants to truly explore the city.
Fort Wayne Museum Of Art Travel Tips
- Please visit the ‘exhibition page’ on the website to see exhibition schedules as every exhibition is on display for 6-12 week.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fort Wayne Museum Of Art
- Free for members.
- $7 - Adults
- $5 - Students (PreK-college)
- $5 - Seniors 65+
- $20 - Families
- Free general admission every Thursday: 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- $1 general admission each Last Saturday of the month.
- Special exhibition tickets : prices vary.
- Parking in the lot is free unless there is a performance or event at the Arts United Center, then a $3 fee will be charged.
Fort Wayne Museum Of Art Hours
Exhibition timings vary and every exhibition is replaced with a new one after 6-12 weeks. Visit official website to known about exhibit schedules.
- Tuesday- Saturday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
- The galleries are closed Mondays and major holidays, including New Year's Day, Christmas Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day.
- Timings may differ on Labour Day.
Administrative Office Hours
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
How to Reach Fort Wayne Museum Of Art
- Bus: At Northbound on Lafayette at Main Street.
- Hire a Taxi.
- Rent a Car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fort Wayne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fort Wayne and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.52% of people who visit Fort Wayne include Fort Wayne Museum Of Art in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
46.67% of people start their Fort Wayne Museum Of Art visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Fort Wayne Museum Of Art
85.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort Wayne Museum Of Art