History Center116 Votes Currently Open
Visiting Fort Wayne without knowing its rich history is a story half told. The Historic Centre fills up the space in every tourist’s check list by offering stories from the city’s forefather.
- 26,000 artifacts
- Tools and Weapons from the end of the last Ice age.
- Miami Indian History (Little Turtle’s exhibit).
- The Anthony Wayne Exhibition.
- Industrial exhibits form the city’s past.
- Allen County innovation exhibit.
History Center Hours
- Free Parking- Handicap Accessible.
- Special Hours Apply for the Festival of Gingerbread. See our home page for those times.
- Chief Richardville House:First Saturday of each month, May through October – 1:00 pm to 4.00 p.m. First weekend in November for Traders Days, Saturday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday Noon to 4:00 pm Or by appointment (call 260.426.2882 x309).
How to Reach History Center
- Bus: Southbound on Clinton at Berry pole 6072, Northbound on Lafayette @ Wayne Street
- Hire a Taxi.
- Rent a Car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fort Wayne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fort Wayne and book an accommodation of your choice.
74.84% of people who visit Fort Wayne include History Center in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
46.67% of people start their History Center visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see History Center
78.57% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting History Center