How to Reach Fort Wayne
HOW TO GET TO FORT WAYNE
- By Air: Fort Wayne InternationalAirport in Indiana is located 9 miles form the city center and is connected with direct flights to Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit and Dallas-Fort Worth.
- There is a shuttle bus service between Indianapolis and Fort Wayne operated by Hoosier Shuttle.
- By Train: The nearest Train station is at Amtrak Waterloo Station (30 minutes’ drive from Fort Wayne) Be sure someone is at the station or hire a cab to get you to the city as public transportation from the station to the city is limited.
HOW TO GET AROUND FORT WAYNE
- By Bus: Municipal Busses are commonly used for getting around the city.
- By Renting a Car: Car rental are preferred for exploring the city best. Do not rent a car at the airport as this is more expensive. Car rental services are available throughout the city.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available in the city and can be called on 260-478-9910 or 800-871-0518 if you are travelling late.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Fort Wayne. The most preferred mode of transport in Fort Wayne is Car.
Average distance: 25.21 km Average time: 26.33 min
Car 83.33%Driving 25.2 min Overall average time for 27.04 kms 25.2 min
Bus/Trolleybus 16.67%Bus 20 min Waiting 10 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 16.09 kms 32 min