Fort Worth Botanic Garden313 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, United States
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8178717686
- Ticket Price: 2 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
This is the oldest garden in Texas and was established in 1934. It has more 2000 species of exotic and rare plants in its 21 special gardens. The garden mainly features-
- The Back yard vegetable Gardens which hosts many educative events.
- The Conservatory featuring orchids, bromeliads and other trees.
- The Four Seasons Gardens with Iris, daylilies and many chrysanthemums.
- Fragrance Garden has a collection of fragrant plants and a beautiful fountain.
- The Fuller Garden is the site for weddings and garden parties.
- The Japanese garden is one of the most beautiful parts here with 3 koi ponds, waterfalls, bridges, tree house, pagodas, pavilions, zen gardens, cherry trees, Japanese maples.
- The Lower Rose garden which almost a replica of the Villa Lante of Italy.
- The Native Texas Board walk is a path lined with rare herbal plants with information about them.
- The Oval Rose Garden has a variety of rose plants.
- The Perennial Garden features a collection of herbs used for cooking. Here you will also find a small waterfall and ponds.
- The Rock Springs are elevated pathways over springs and rocks.
- The Water Conservation Garden is a demonstrative xeriscape garden.
- The Water Wise Entrance is the 1st garden you will enter into featuring agave, Texas sage, salvia greggi, Mexican Bush Sage, red yucca and Espranza.
Fort Worth Botanic Garden Travel Tips
- Timings may change some times. Check the website for detailed information.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fort Worth Botanic Garden
- Seniors $1.00; Children (4-12 yrs.) $1.00; Under 4 – Free
- One adult may sponsor up to 5 children.
How to Reach Fort Worth Botanic Garden
- Bus number 7 till University and Harley- Botanic Gardens
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fort Worth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fort Worth and book an accommodation of your choice.
41.62% of people who visit Fort Worth include Fort Worth Botanic Garden in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
50% of people start their Fort Worth Botanic Garden visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Fort Worth Botanic Garden
91.77% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort Worth Botanic Garden
Fort Worth Botanic Garden Reviews & Ratings
A very impressive botanic garden. As a new transplant to fort Worth it was nice to learn a little about the native plants of Texas. The garden is very large, I spend about 2 and a half hours wandering the grounds. Though it was a hot day there were lots of benches and shade. The best part of the whole place is the Japanese garden, it is large and very well maintained with all the expect features of a Japanese garden and a little bit more too.
Love this place. They now charge and you have to take a shuttle cart that only really seats 8 at a time comfortably from the botanical research building or walk all the way. No more parking right across the street. The shuttle system is a little bit weird and I hope they figure that out. We went during a Friday so the place was dead. However, I think it was more beautiful because we were one of maybe fifteen people in the entire place. I can imagine on weekends it would be a little more crowded and you might have to wait awhile for a shuttle. Although you now have to pay, there is nothing stopping somebody from parking and then getting immediately in line for the shuttle at the front of the building, bypassing the payment stations inside. So I hope they figure out how to contend with the freeloaders in the future who are going to try to get around having to pay. My wife and I bought a membership even though we already have a reciprocal membership from the Dallas Arboretum. This place deserves all the money it can get if it plans to make the major improvements that it needs (such as rebuilding the moon bridge). We have been coming here for years and hope that these changes are all for the better!
It was great weather today so we went for a stroll at the Botanical gardens. They have a main entrance now where you pay first then you can walk through all their different gardens. We enjoyed it and everything is looking well-kept. A great way to enjoy the beautiful outdoors and get some walking exercise.
Always love coming here when I want to get out of the mundane routine. Can easily spend a few hours here walking and appreciating the plants and flowers. The Japanese gardens are beautiful too.
I love the Botanic Gardens. It's a beautiful place to relax, meditate and view the beauty of nature. They were renovating. It was also the last day they were offering free entrance. And if I understand correctly the Fort Worth Library will somehow offer free passes to enter Botanic Gardens.
I want to buy tickets to Asleep at the wheel Botanical gardens In the GardenAnswer Report Abuse
I want to buy tickets to the concerts in the garden Ft. Worth TX Asleep at the WheelAnswer Report Abuse
do you have concerts sat or sunAnswer Report Abuse
I suggest you visit the official website of the Fort Worth Botanic Garden and take a look at their calendar of events.Report Abuse
do you have a sunday brunchAnswer Report Abuse
I am not sure if any Sunday brunch is held at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden. I suggest you call on 817-392-5538 and inquire about it.Report Abuse
is the schedule for the botanical gardens symphony in june orchestra set?Answer Report Abuse
I think they have the schedule on their official website.Report Abuse