Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth
Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth - Address, Phone Number
Address: 3333 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, United States
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 2.3K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Museum, Observatory, Educational Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth
This is a very popular museum that is known for the rare paintings in store. They have a small but a very fine collection of masterpieces dating from centuries ago to recent times. The name Kimbell was kept after the names of Kay and Velma Kimbell whose private collections were the 1st exhibits of this museum. They also donated a hefty amount for the relocation of these exhibits in a permanent building.
The main collections of the museum apart from the many expert pieces are-
- The design of the museum building itself and most remarkably the natural silvery wash on the ceiling.
- The ‘Torment of St. Anthony’ which is known to be the 1st painting of the great Michelangelo and also the only one on exhibit of the Americas.
- The paintings of Friedrich that is hardly found in USA.
- The Classical period arts from Egypt, Assyria, Greece and Rome.
- The Asian collection comprising of sculptures, paintings, bronzes, ceramics and works of other decorative art pieces.
- African collection with fine pieces from Nigeria, Angola and other Democratic States. The most attractive is a piece of Oceanic Art represented by a Maori Figure.
Kimbell Art Museum Information
- Entry is free.
- Group bookings are available.
- Collect all the gifts you want from the museum shop. It has EVERYTHING you would want to take home.
How To reach Kimbell Art Museum by Public Transport
- Bus number 57 to Van Cliburn and Camp Bowie
Restaurants Near Kimbell Art Museum
- Cafe Modern
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fort Worth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fort Worth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth Reviews - Write a Review
Really awesome place! Most of the exhibits are completely free. They feature art from some notable artists, such as Michaelangelo and Picasso, and art from lots of different cultures and time periods. Great place to spend the morning or afternoon if you have any interest at all in art. The complex is gorgeously designed, inside and out. One of my favorite places to visit in Ft. Worth
Beautiful place. The art is great. The the atmosphere as well. Had to go because I had to draw it for my architect class. It's well worth the trip. And it's free to get it. Except where they have special events.
I adore the Kimbell. Every visit is a treat. The Wold of Casanova was the special exhibition. Very creative display of beautiful objects' de art from the time of Casanova. Definitely worth making the effort to visit.
This is a wonderful small art museum that has some incredible exhibits. Their permanent collection is well worth a visit also!
It's free to public, there's free parking near by and a good collection of art. There's beautiful areas outside and even a children's area.