Kimbell Art MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: 3333 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8173328451
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museum, Observatory, Educational Site, Family And Kids
Kimbell Art Museum - Review
This is a very popular museum that is known for the rare paintings in store. They have a small but a very fine collection of masterpieces dating from centuries ago to recent times. The name Kimbell was kept after the names of Kay and Velma Kimbell whose private collections were the 1st exhibits of this museum. They also donated a hefty amount for the relocation of these exhibits in a permanent building.
The main collections of the museum apart from the many expert pieces are-
- The design of the museum building itself and most remarkably the natural silvery wash on the ceiling.
- The ‘Torment of St. Anthony’ which is known to be the 1st painting of the great Michelangelo and also the only one on exhibit of the Americas.
- The paintings of Friedrich that is hardly found in USA.
- The Classical period arts from Egypt, Assyria, Greece and Rome.
- The Asian collection comprising of sculptures, paintings, bronzes, ceramics and works of other decorative art pieces.
- African collection with fine pieces from Nigeria, Angola and other Democratic States. The most attractive is a piece of Oceanic Art represented by a Maori Figure.
Kimbell Art Museum Information
- Entry is free.
- Group bookings are available.
- Collect all the gifts you want from the museum shop. It has EVERYTHING you would want to take home.
How To reach Kimbell Art Museum by Public Transport
- Bus number 57 to Van Cliburn and Camp Bowie
Restaurants Near Kimbell Art Museum
- Cafe Modern
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fort Worth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fort Worth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kimbell Art Museum
44.83% of people who visit Fort Worth include Kimbell Art Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
78.26% of people start their Kimbell Art Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Kimbell Art Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kimbell Art Museum
Kimbell Art Museum Trips
Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth Reviews
As a teacher 6-8th grade AVID teacher I can’t imagine another place to ensure that I take my kids each year. Every year the docents take time to create a fun activity in the museum that get my students learning about more than the art on the walls but about the art history of the building itself. They thoroughly enjoy themselves in measuring and constructing their own buildings and pieces of art. We love visiting each year. A huge thank you to imagination Fort Worth and the Kimbell Art Museum- we truly appreciate you!
Have been coming to this art museum since I was a child. Always fun to see the new exhibitions and re-visit old friends. Love the selection of artists from the impressionists period. Gift shop is nice with a large variety of books, cards, and other random fun stuff. Check out the outside sculptures and the wonderful fountain.
Amazing art museum in Ft Worth. Quite a collection spanning multiple genres and it’s free. I love how it often feels like I have the place to myself. Imagine the crowdedness of The Louvre inverted but still with amazing art. Seriously, one of my 5 favorite art museums in the USA (and the other 4 are in NYC, Chicago, and LA).
Beautiful museum! The permanent collection is incredible and well worth seeing more than once. The building architecture is marvelous and deserves a tour to truly note all the distinguishing features of the Kimbell.
The Kimbell is an excellent reference resource for artists. For the art lover there are few museums that have a European collection to equal it. Only had one day to visit so didn't have time for the Asian, African, or American sections. A rare experience!