Kimbell Art Museum221 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 3333 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8173328451
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Observatory, Educational Site, Family And Kids
This is a very popular museum that is known for the rare paintings in store. They have a small but a very fine collection of masterpieces dating from centuries ago to recent times. The name Kimbell was kept after the names of Kay and Velma Kimbell whose private collections were the 1st exhibits of this museum. They also donated a hefty amount for the relocation of these exhibits in a permanent building.
The main collections of the museum apart from the many expert pieces are-
- The design of the museum building itself and most remarkably the natural silvery wash on the ceiling.
- The ‘Torment of St. Anthony’ which is known to be the 1st painting of the great Michelangelo and also the only one on exhibit of the Americas.
- The paintings of Friedrich that is hardly found in USA.
- The Classical period arts from Egypt, Assyria, Greece and Rome.
- The Asian collection comprising of sculptures, paintings, bronzes, ceramics and works of other decorative art pieces.
- African collection with fine pieces from Nigeria, Angola and other Democratic States. The most attractive is a piece of Oceanic Art represented by a Maori Figure.
Kimbell Art Museum Travel Tips
- Entry is free.
- Group bookings are available.
- Collect all the gifts you want from the museum shop. It has EVERYTHING you would want to take home.
How to Reach Kimbell Art Museum
- Bus number 57 to Van Cliburn and Camp Bowie
- Cafe Modern
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fort Worth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fort Worth and book an accommodation of your choice.
27.83% of people who visit Fort Worth include Kimbell Art Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
78.26% of people start their Kimbell Art Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Kimbell Art Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kimbell Art Museum
Kimbell Art Museum Reviews & Ratings
What are the opening hours of your cafe?Answer Report Abuse
I suppose you are asking about The Pavilion Cafe at the Kimbell Art Museum. From Tuesday to Thursday and on Saturday, the operational hours of the cafe are 11:30 AM to 4:00 PM. On Friday is open from Noon to 7:00 PM and on Sunday it is open from Noon to 4:00 PM. The cafe stays closed to the public on Mondays.Report Abuse
Is the Monet Display in the Piano Building or the Kahn Building?Answer Report Abuse
The Monet Display can be found on Piano Pavilion.Report Abuse