Southern Taoyuan is located at the foot of Mt. Jade in Yushan and is densely forested with valleys, bridges, cliffs and numerous waterfalls and hot springs. The place was once the native land of Yaer tribe because of which it was initially called as Yaer before being renamed to Taoyuan. The Southern Cross-Island brought welfare to the place. The place is full of thrilling scenic spots especially around Guan Mountain. Highlights and must see includes:
- Yushan National park
- Lafu Lashi Studio
- Bunun culture
- Meilan Art Village
- High forested mountains
- Hot springs
- Suspension bridges
- Scheduled timetable for buses are subject to change
- Few mountain areas are subject to landslides especially after typhoon, rainstorms and earthquakes.
- Entry is free.
- Business hours: 8:30 am- 5:30 pm.
- By bus: Take the bus of Kaohsiung Passenger Co. for Liugui.
- Take the 8:00 am bus from Pingdung of Taiwan passenger bus co. to the final stop.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Foshan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Foshan and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Foshan include Southern Taoyuan in their plan
67.86% of people start their Southern Taoyuan visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Southern Taoyuan
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Southern Taoyuan