Foz Do Iguacu Tourism, Brazil
Visit Foz Do Iguacu - Best of Foz Do Iguacu
Characterized for its cultural and religious diversity, Foz do Iguacu has become one of the most visited tourist destinations in Brazil. Housing around 80 nationalities such as from Lebanon, China, Paraguay and Argentina, this city dazzles in plurality and rich tourism. Geographically also this city stands conspicuous. Integrated into a tri-national region, bordering the Argentine city of Puerto Iguassu and the Paraguayan city of Ciudad del Este, Foz do Iguazu has a certain charm that leaves indelible memories on its visitors.
Considered as the “Second most visited leisure destination by foreign tourists” after Rio de Janeiro, this city today scintillates with bars and nightlife culture. The city is also a gateway to the world famous Iguazu waterfalls, whose majesty and grandeur needs another language to be summarized. Bordering between Argentina and Brazil, these falls offer a stunning backdrop to both the city of Foz do Iguacu and its tourism. The waterfalls are best seen from Brazil but explored from Argentina where the subtropical rainforest surrounding the trails gives a chance to look at the extensive number of animals, birds and plants that live there. Exhilarating boat rides into the falls can be taken from both sides but helicopter tours are only possible from Brazil. Lining a horseshoe-shaped gorge are 275 individual cataracts, including the thundering 262-foot-tall (80-meter) Devil’s Throat. The city is also home to the world’s largest hydroelectric plant in terms of energy generation, Itaipu Binacional.
Just because Foz do Iguaçu is a small town does not mean that there is not a lot to see and do. There are shows to attend, neighbouring countries to explore, and local creatures to gawk at. There are even large enclosures that put you in with the birds including beautiful toucans.
Replete with spectacular natural and manmade attractions, Foz do Iguacu is one destination that you can’t afford to miss in your itinerary of Brazil.
Foz Do Iguacu Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Foz Do Iguacu tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Foz do Iguacu follows UTC/GMT -2 hours. Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes do not necessarily occur on the same date every year.
- Currency: Brazilian real
- Electricity: The Brazilian plug type is usually two round thin prongs (C). Some outlets have capacity for both round and flat prongs, but not the flat (grounded) kind with one bigger than the other. Usually if you buy a kit of adaptor plugs, the one for Brazil is included.
- Internet: A decent, reliable and fast broadband connection is accessible through the city of Foz do Iguacu. You will easily find wi-fi connection in all the hotels.
- Language: The predominant language spoken in Foz do Iguacu is Portuguese.
- Emergency numbers: 190 Military Police, 197 Civil Police, 193 Military Firefighters Corps
- Tipping: The major part of restaurants and bars includes a non obligatory 10% service fee in the bill. It’s common to accept the inclusion of the 10% or even leave a little more if the service is considered satisfactory.
- Buy a snack and water before heading to the falls because prices in the Park are quite high.
- Take the transportation public starting from the center of the city of Foz to any destination like the border with Paraguay, the waterfalls, Bird Park and even the falls on the Argentine side.
- Always wear comfortable and waterproof footwear, sunscreen and bottles of water. Also bring a plastic bag to protect the documents from the water.
Are you looking for a Foz Do Iguacu travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Foz Do Iguacu- Know before you go to Foz Do Iguacu
Facts and Stats for Foz Do Iguacu*
Pollution Statistics in Foz Do Iguacu
Know the pollution level of Foz Do Iguacu before you plan your visit.
Water Pollution 75 (High)
Unattended dirt and garbage 25 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 100 (Very High)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 100 (Very High)
Living in Foz Do Iguacu - Quality of Life
Climate Index 96.86 (Very High)
Pollution Index 25.86 (Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Foz Do Iguacu
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Foz Do Iguacu
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.35 USD
International Movie per seat 8.65 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 87.96 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Foz Do Iguacu Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Foz Do Iguacu
1809 Views41 Days 40 NightsTrip to Buenos Aires, Rio De Janeiro, Foz do iguacBy: Guest UserCity: Rio De Janeiro, Cuiabá, Bonito, Foz Do Iguaçu, Buenos Aires
637 Views10 Days 9 NightsTrip to Rio De Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Manaus, BrasiliBy: Guest UserCity: Rio De Janeiro, Brasilia, Foz Do Iguaçu, Florianopolis, Curitiba, Bonito, Porto Seguro, Manaus, Sao Paulo, Natal
Foz Do Iguacu Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Foz Do Iguacu
Iguassu Falls Brazilian-Side Day Tour with Safari Boat Ride New on TripHobo
Duration: 5 Hrs
Admire a panoramic view of the falls while strolling along the 0.6-mile walkway, with the infamous Devils Throat waiting for ...Book Now
Iguazu Falls Admission Ticket: Brazilian Side New on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs
The Iguau Falls is one of theNew Seven Wonders of Nature. The title was achieved on November 11, 2011, through an internation...Book Now
Save 7%Total Iguassu Falls Small Group Walking Tour with a Local Guide
Duration: 8 Hrs
Take a full day to contemplate the nature and wonders of Iguassu National Park from every angle! View the falls from both Arg...
Shopping In Paraguay - Private Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 5 Hrs
On a guided tour and private service for up to 05 hours, you will visit the largest shopping center in South America, the cit...Book Now
- São Miguel Do Oeste Tourism
- Itapiranga Tourism
- Alto Uruguai Tourism
- Crissiumal Tourism
- Três Passos Tourism
- Palmitinho Tourism
- Rio De Janeiro Tourism
- Belo Horizonte Tourism
- Recife Tourism
- Joao Pessoa Tourism
- Belem Tourism
- Campos Do Jordao Tourism