Itaipu Hydroelectric DamCurrently Open
- Address: Avenida Tancredo Neves, 6702, Foz do Iguacu, State of Parana, Brazil
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-4535205252
- Ticket Price: 27 BRL
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Dam
The largest electric power generation in the world, this is also considered as the seven wonders of the modern world. The great human feat of engineering that went into the construction of this marvellous project deserves a bow.
The dam can only be explored by taking one of the guided tours offered by the dam tourism management.
The tour gives you a deep insight into the technology employed in the making and operation of the dam.
- Kattamaran port
- Eco museum
- Astronomy hub
- Biological sanctuary
- Lighting of the dam
Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam Travel Tips
- Guided tours are available.
- Observe the safety rules.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Advance booking for the tour is recommended.
Entrance Ticket Details For Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam
- The give ticket price is for the panoramic tour, reduced: 15 Brazilian real
- The tickets for various attractions within the dam area may vary.
- Lighting of the dam: 16 Brazilian real
- Special tour: 68 Brazilian real
- Astronomy hub: 20 Brazilian real
- Biological sanctuary: 20 Brazilian real
- Eco museum: 10 Brazilian real, reduced: 5 Brazilian real
- Electric vehicle test drive: 99 Brazilian real
- Kattamaram port: 60 Brazilian real
Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam Hours
- The duration of panoramic tour is 2 hours, The tour departs at every half an hour and last tour begins at 04.30 pm.
How to Reach Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam
- Bus: 101, 102 & 104
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Foz Do Iguacu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Foz Do Iguacu and book an accommodation of your choice.
35% of people who visit Foz Do Iguacu include Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
37.5% of people start their Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam