Are you looking for what to do in Foz Do Iguacu?
PLACES TO SEE
- Iguazu Falls: Most of the people who visit this city come here with a purpose of watching these majestic falls. From here, you can see the entire Brazilian side of these gorgeous falls.
- Parque Das Aves: This 5-hectare bird park, located 300m from the entrance to Parque Nacional do Iguaçu, is home to 800-plus species of birds, including red ibis, bare-throated bellbird, and flamingos galore.
- Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam: This man made dam has much to offer to the visitors. Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam is the largest operational hydroelectric energy producer in the world, with an installed generation capacity of 14GW.
- Buddhist Temple: Sitting on the banks of the Paraná River, this Buddhist temple offers a spectacular display of Asian and Buddhist architecture. Set in a 42-acre (17-hectare) area of well-kept gardens, it is one of the largest Buddhist temples in Latin America.
- Muslim Mosque: Foz do Iguacu is home to the largest mosque outside of the Middle East. Visit this iconic landmark that is also a tribute to Brazil's modern multiculturalism.
THINGS TO DO
- Experience Adventure with Macuco Safari: Ride in an electric cart to see the wonders of Iguazu falls. An adventure from the beginning of the tour, the Macuco Safari starts with a trail in the Atlantic Forest area, takes you into the journey through the and finally allow you to walk down the trail yourself.
- Visit the Museu de Cera Dreamland: Located in an area of 70 thousand square meters, this museum houses Dreamland 79 wax statues of figures from the world of entertainment, sports and politics.
- Marco das Tres Fronteiras: A spot that symbolically marks the tri-border in their respective national colors: Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay. Each of the three obelisks represents the sovereignty of the three nations as they are situated on the banks of the Iguaçu River and Parana River.
- Helicopter Flight to look at the Iguassu Falls: On this memorable tour from Foz do Iguaçu, you’ll jump in a helicopter and soar high above the falls for unique, bird's-eye views of this stunning landscape.
Below we have a list of things to do in Foz Do Iguacu and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Foz Do Iguacu getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Foz Do Iguacu with confidence.