Stepping into the Frankfurt Zoo is like entering another world, hold on to your hat while you marvel at all the majestic African animals and the exciting and colorful world of Madagascar. The zoo contains over 4,500 animals of more than 400 species. If want to experience crocodiles, gorillas, lions and rhinos while in Germany, the zoo is great place to visit. Apart from the fixed features, there are festivals, exhibits and themed tours to enjoy as well. This is a wonderful place for kids. Visitor can celebrate a “wild” birthday party at the zoo.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Frankfurt itinerary 5 days.
Frankfurt Zoo Travel Tips
- The animal houses close half an hour before the zoo's closing time and ticket sales cease half an hour prior to closing time.
- A limited number of wheelchairs can be borrowed at the main entrance.
- Don’t forget to see a Crocodile Hall, Insectariums, a Nocturnal Animals House, a Bird Hall and an Exotarium and “Hessen Park”, an open air museum.
- Check website for current schedules.
Entrance Ticket Details For Frankfurt Zoo
- For Adult: 8 Euros
- Children: 4 Euros
- Entry free for children under 6
How to Reach Frankfurt Zoo
- Underground line U6/U7, tram line 14 or bus line 31 (station zoo)
- Pizzeria Marotta – Pizza
- Ziopepe – Pasta
- Die Lacht – Burger
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Frankfurt before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Frankfurt and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.31% of people who visit Frankfurt include Frankfurt Zoo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
54.67% of people start their Frankfurt Zoo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Frankfurt Zoo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Frankfurt Zoo