Liebfrauenkirche248 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Liebfrauenberg, 60313 Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany (Altstadt)
- Timings: 06:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: 49-69284612
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
In the 14th Century, a rich Frankfurt patrician erected a chapel next to the city walls. The chapel was later extended into a Gothic hall with a bell tower. During the 18th Century, the inside of the church received ornate rococo fittings, and during the 19th Century, the Three Kings portal was given a vestibule. After severe damage in the War, the whole place was rebuilt in 1954. A wooden roof has now replaced the Gothic original, and from the original interior, only the figures on the altar remain.
Liebfrauenkirche is also termed as the “church of Our Lady”. It was constructed in thirteenth century. The cruciform floor plan of the place is worth noticing. The southern part of Roman double church was destroyed in the year of 1200 and it was replaced by a Gothic church.
Liebfrauenkirche Travel Tips
- If you are interested in history, then it is the best place for you.
- It is also a good place for kids.
How to Reach Liebfrauenkirche
- St. David's train station
- Cafe ImLiebighaus– European cuisine
- Holbein’s– Pizza
- Gennaro’s Restaurant– Italian food
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Frankfurt before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Frankfurt and book an accommodation of your choice.
2.76% of people who visit Frankfurt include Liebfrauenkirche in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
45% of people start their Liebfrauenkirche visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Liebfrauenkirche
68.42% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Liebfrauenkirche