Franz Josef Glacier Tourism, New Zealand
Visit Franz Josef Glacier - Best of Franz Josef Glacier
Situated in close proximity to Fox glacier, Franz Josef is a small town in the west coast region of the South island of New Zealand. Named after its famous attraction of Franz Josef Glacier, Franz Josef is a quaint town that is ideal for those who wish to escape from the buzz and the commotions of the city and spend some quality time in tranquility. Adorned with a backdrop of massive mountains, Franz Josef is the perfect place for your long spending social media cover.
Home to the Franz Josef Glacier, Franz Josef has a plenty of adventure and snow sports activities that you should have a try at. From Ice Explorer tour to Glacier Heli-hike to Heli Ice climb, the activities in Franz Josef are enthralling and exciting at the same time. And if you are a lover of snow and adventure then you would find this place as a paradise. Although, Franz Josef Glacier is the significant reason for people to visit the city of Franz Josef there are some attractions too, like Tatare Tunnels Walk, West Coast wildlife center, and a few other spots.
The major festivals in Franz Josef include Christmas, New Year, and Easter.
Franz Josef Glacier Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Franz Josef Glacier tips for your visit
- Time Zone: New Zealand Daylight Time (NZDT). UTC/GMT +13 hours.
- Currency: Currency used in Franz Josef is New Zealand Dollars (NZD).
- Electricity: The standard electrical voltage in Franz Josef is 230 Volts and 50 Hertz alternating current. The power sockets used in Franz Josef and all of New Zealand is of type I. Check your electrical devices for their voltage consumption and use adapters if necessary.
- Internet: Internet connectivity in Franz Josef is considerably on a lower side. But the major hotels in the city provide free Wi-Fi.
- Languages: English is the widely spoken language in Franz Josef. Apart from English some of the other languages that are spoken in Franz Josef include Maori and New Zealand Sign language.
- Security: General Emergency: 111, Hospital: (03) 752-0700.
- Tipping: Tipping is not expected in Franz Josef. But if you are satisfied with the service you can tip around 5 to 10 % of the bill.
- Customs: When you are meeting a person for the first time greet them with a handshake and while doing that maintain eye contact.
- Be sure to look after your belongings. Especially, when you are walking alone in the nights.
- Using the word 'Kiwi' is not offensive.
- If you are planning to gift someone in Franz Josef do not wrap the gift in red, it is considered taboo.
Are you looking for a Franz Josef Glacier travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Franz Josef Glacier- Know before you go to Franz Josef Glacier
Facts and Stats for Franz Josef Glacier*
Franz Josef Glacier: Crime and Safety
How safe is Franz Josef Glacier for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Franz Josef Glacier.
Car Stealing 25 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 25 (Low)
Safety walking alone during daylight 100 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 100 (Very High)
Living in Franz Josef Glacier - Quality of Life
Safety Index 93.75 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Franz Josef Glacier Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Franz Josef Glacier
35 Views4 Days 3 Nights4 Day Trip to Franz Josef Glacier from Allambie He
35 Views2 Days 1 Night2 Day Trip to Franz Josef Glacier from Franz Josef
Franz Josef Glacier Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Franz Josef Glacier
Tandem Skydive 16500ft from Franz Josef New on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Skydive amongst mountains, glaciers, lakes, rivers and ocean views. Skydive franz has New Zealands highest mountain Aoraki/Mo...Book Now
Helicopter Flight with Snow Landing New on TripHobo
Duration: 35 Mins
Lift off from our Franz Josef helipad at the foot of the Southern Alps, the scenic views have already started, within seconds...Book Now
2-Hour ATV Quad Bike Tour from Franz Josef 5 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs
Tucked under the majestic Southern Alps on New Zealand's rugged untamed West Coast sits Franz Josef village and the magnifice...Book Now
West Coast Tree Top Walk Experience New on TripHobo
Duration: 45 Mins
An exhilarating treetop adventure among temperate rain forest giants. Experience life with the birds high in the ancient Rimu...Book Now
- Fox Glacier Tourism
- Karangarua Tourism
- Kurow Tourism
- Island Cliff Tourism
- Kyeburn Diggings Tourism
- Tokarahi Tourism
- Christchurch Tourism
- Queenstown Tourism
- Auckland Tourism
- Taupo Tourism
- Nelson Tourism
- Dunedin Tourism
- Wellington Tourism
- Rotorua Tourism
- Raglan Tourism
- Kaikoura Tourism
- Whitianga Tourism