If you are game for walking, try Callegry Gorge walk. Located along Tatare Tunnels track, this is another pathway that let you cherish the awe-inspiring beauty of the greenery of Franz Josef.
Your walk starts from the end of Cowan Street in Franz Josef township, leading towards Tatare Tunnels. As you move forward, the track narrows down and passes through the rainforest region. Along the way, you will come across many small waterfalls that are surely going to grab your attention. The track ends at Callery Gorge bridge. Spend some time at the end of the bridge and treat your eyes with soulful beauty of the surrounding, the gorge and the river.
Callery Gorge Walk Travel Tips
- Wear warm and waterproof clothes as the weather can change rapidly.
- Carry drinking water, insect repellent and sun protection lotion.
- Sturdy footwear is required as you need to walk a lot.
- Avoid monsoon season as the rocks tends to be slippery.
Entrance Ticket Details For Callery Gorge Walk
- Entry is free.
Callery Gorge Walk Hours
- Duration for covering the trail is 1 hour 20minutes (approx..)
How to Reach Callery Gorge Walk
- Nearby Bus Station: Glow Worm Cottages (Franz Josef)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Franz Josef Glacier before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Franz Josef Glacier and book an accommodation of your choice.
14.84% of people who visit Franz Josef Glacier include Callery Gorge Walk in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
40% of people start their Callery Gorge Walk visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Callery Gorge Walk
70.37% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Callery Gorge Walk