Glacier Valley WalkCurrently Open
- Address: Franz Josef, New Zealand, Franz Josef Glacier Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Family And Kids, Adventure, Valley
The enthralling Glacier Valley Walk of the Franz Josef Glacier is a perfect adventure retreat for those who love mountains and hiking in uncharted terrains. Your trek will start from the Franz Josef Glacier village. Then crossing the Bailey Bridge, you will enter the Forest Walk where the informative boards will give you an insight of the glaciology of the place as well as the first sight of the glacier. The bluish ice walls and the crevasses along the towering rock walls will keep on mesmerizing you. Traversing more, you will come across Waiho riverbed, the Trident Falls, Split Apple Rock, and the Champness Rock will be the highlights for a photographic opportunity. The Glacier Valley Walk will conclude at the terminal face where you can stand in awe of the majestic glacier.
Glacier Valley Walk Travel Tips
- Tour operators providing guided walk are available.
- Do not walk or climb on the glacier unless you have proper equipment and experience.
Entrance Ticket Details For Glacier Valley Walk
- Prices for the guided tour differs. Ask tour operators for details.
Glacier Valley Walk Hours
- Early morning hours are perfect for the visit.
How to Reach Glacier Valley Walk
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Franz Josef Glacier before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Franz Josef Glacier and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Glacier Valley Walk Address: Franz Josef, New Zealand, Franz Josef Glacier
- Glacier Valley Walk Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Glacier Valley Walk(preferred time): 07:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Time required to visit Glacier Valley Walk: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
3.79% of people who visit Franz Josef Glacier include Glacier Valley Walk in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
42.86% of people start their Glacier Valley Walk visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Glacier Valley Walk
83.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Glacier Valley Walk
People normally club together Sentinel Rock Walk and Andris Apse Gallery while planning their visit to Glacier Valley Walk.