Central Station And Wanggoolba CreekCurrently Open
- Address: Central Station, Fraser Island, Australia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +61-41912600
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Forest, Camp, Walking Area, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature
Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek - Review
Established when the forests of Fraser still saw some logging, this station has now been converted into the best nature appreciation spot on the island. It’s now a world heritage site though, and logging is prohibited here. Here’s how to spend your time:
- The rainforest is strewn with trails and boardwalks that will take you through Wanggoolba Creek, Basin Lake and Pile Valley.
- Enjoy the trees and animals, and see how many you recognise.
- There are various campgrounds where you can spend a night under the stars. This is highly recommended.
Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek Information
- Remember to carry water on your walk. These are the tropics after all.
- Camp for a night here.
- Ferries from River Head land at the mouth of the Creek at least thrice a day.
How To reach Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek by Public Transport
- You’ll have to walk, or take a 4WD.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fraser Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fraser Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek
95% of people who visit Fraser Island include Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
39.71% of people start their Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek
91.72% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek