Central Station And Wanggoolba CreekCurrently Open
- Address: Central Station, Fraser Island, Australia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +61-41912600
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Forest, Camp, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Nature
Established when the forests of Fraser still saw some logging, this station has now been converted into the best nature appreciation spot on the island. It’s now a world heritage site though, and logging is prohibited here. Here’s how to spend your time:
- The rainforest is strewn with trails and boardwalks that will take you through Wanggoolba Creek, Basin Lake and Pile Valley.
- Enjoy the trees and animals, and see how many you recognise.
- There are various campgrounds where you can spend a night under the stars. This is highly recommended.
Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek Travel Tips
- Remember to carry water on your walk. These are the tropics after all.
- Camp for a night here.
- Ferries from River Head land at the mouth of the Creek at least thrice a day.
How to Reach Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek
- You’ll have to walk, or take a 4WD.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fraser Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fraser Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
81.36% of people who visit Fraser Island include Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
39.71% of people start their Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek
91.72% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek