Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek, Fraser Island
Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek - A Quick Overview
Address: Central Station, Fraser Island, Australia
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 2.2K times in trip plans
Forest, Camp, Walking Area, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek, Fraser Island
Established when the forests of Fraser still saw some logging, this station has now been converted into the best nature appreciation spot on the island. It’s now a world heritage site though, and logging is prohibited here. Here’s how to spend your time:
- The rainforest is strewn with trails and boardwalks that will take you through Wanggoolba Creek, Basin Lake and Pile Valley.
- Enjoy the trees and animals, and see how many you recognise.
- There are various campgrounds where you can spend a night under the stars. This is highly recommended.
Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek Information
- Remember to carry water on your walk. These are the tropics after all.
- Camp for a night here.
- Ferries from River Head land at the mouth of the Creek at least thrice a day.
How To reach Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek by Public Transport
- You’ll have to walk, or take a 4WD.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fraser Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fraser Island and book an accommodation of your choice.