Eli CreekCurrently Open
- Address: Eli Creek, Fraser Island., Australia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
On Fraser Island’s eastern side, this creek, the largest around, is a very popular place for swimming and picnicking. For many, a favourite activity is to walk some distance inland on the boardwalk, till a bridge is reached. From there, they swim or float down the waters till they reach the ocean. The water is said to be one of the world’s purest, having been sand-filtered for over a hundred years by the time it reaches the ocean. It’s actually the most important source of drinking water around. The natives used to baptise their infants here, once.
Eli Creek Travel Tips
- Don’t try driving across the creek at high tide.
How to Reach Eli Creek
- You’ll have to walk or drive. Ask the locals for directions.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fraser Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fraser Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Eli Creek Address: Eli Creek, Fraser Island., Australia
- Eli Creek Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Eli Creek(preferred time): 11:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Eli Creek: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
25.75% of people who visit Fraser Island include Eli Creek in their plan
30% of people start their Eli Creek visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Eli Creek
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Eli Creek
People normally club together Maheno Wreck and Lake Wabby And Hammerstone Sandblow while planning their visit to Eli Creek.