Lake Mckenzie, Fraser IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Lake Mckenzie Fraser Island QLD 4581 Australia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Camp, View Point, Tourist Center, Leisure, Family And Kids, Lake, Picnic Spot, Nature
About Lake Mckenzie, Fraser Island
This isn’t your run of the mill lake. It’s a perched lake – its waters accumulate on top of a thin later of impermeable organic material. As such, the lake is entirely rainwater – no river or underground stream feeds it. The aquamarine water is incredibly clear, and it’s actually too pure to sustain an aquatic life. The sand around the lake is a pure white, so fine that you couldn’t ask for a better skin exfoliator. People mostly come to the lake to camp under the stars. This is Fraser Island’s most popular attraction.
Lake Mckenzie Information
- No sunscreen, soap, or oils allowed – these will pollute the purity of the water.
- There is car parking and BBQ facilities.
- The lake is quite crowded during peak season; access may be restricted between 10am-3pm.
How To reach Lake Mckenzie by Public Transport
- Take the walking track from Central Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fraser Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fraser Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Lake Mckenzie
95% of people who visit Fraser Island include Lake Mckenzie in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
59.99% of people start their Lake Mckenzie visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Lake Mckenzie
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lake Mckenzie