Lake MckenzieCurrently Open
- Address: Lake Mckenzie Fraser Island QLD 4581 Australia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Camp, View Point, Leisure, Family And Kids, Lake, Picnic Spot, Nature
This isn’t your run of the mill lake. It’s a perched lake – its waters accumulate on top of a thin later of impermeable organic material. As such, the lake is entirely rainwater – no river or underground stream feeds it. The aquamarine water is incredibly clear, and it’s actually too pure to sustain an aquatic life. The sand around the lake is a pure white, so fine that you couldn’t ask for a better skin exfoliator. People mostly come to the lake to camp under the stars. This is Fraser Island’s most popular attraction.
Lake Mckenzie Travel Tips
- No sunscreen, soap, or oils allowed – these will pollute the purity of the water.
- There is car parking and BBQ facilities.
- The lake is quite crowded during peak season; access may be restricted between 10am-3pm.
How to Reach Lake Mckenzie
- Take the walking track from Central Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fraser Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fraser Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Lake Mckenzie Address: Lake Mckenzie Fraser Island QLD 4581 Australia
- Lake Mckenzie Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Lake Mckenzie(preferred time): 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Lake Mckenzie: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Fraser Island include Lake Mckenzie in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
51.39% of people start their Lake Mckenzie visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Lake Mckenzie
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lake Mckenzie
People normally club together Lake Wabby And Hammerstone Sandblow and Central Station And Wanggoolba Creek while planning their visit to Lake Mckenzie.