Seventy-five Mile BeachCurrently Open
- Address: 75 Mile Beach Fraser Island, Queensland 4581, Australia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Water Body, View Point, Walking Area, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature
Seventy-five Mile Beach - Review
Well, everything you need to know is in the uncomplicated name. It’s a beach. It’s 75 kilometres long. It’s beautiful, especially on balmy days when you can walk and walk and walk and never reach anywhere. There’s a lot to see though – ancient dunes in many colors, little streams bubbling their way to the ocean, tropical wildlife, an immeasurable number of birds. You’ll also spot:
- The Maheno Shipwreck.
- The champagne pools, where the swimming is excellent.
- The Indian Head, which is a formation of volcanic rocks at the southern end of the beach. It’s very popular with photographers. It’s also a great place for spotting marine life (sharks, rays, turtles and dolphins, Humpback whales).
The beach is mainly a long walking driving track.
Seventy-five Mile Beach Information
- Do not swim in this beach: The water teams with sharks and the current is quite strong.
- Airplanes frequently use the beach as a landing strip. Be careful.
- It’s a given that you’re going to be visiting it multiple times for it’s different attractions, so take that into account when using the itinerary planner. For this reason, this attraction’s recommended duration is only 2 hours.
- Fishing is not allowed at Indian Head during August and September. Camping is not allowed at all.
How To reach Seventy-five Mile Beach by Public Transport
- Walk or drive to the east coast of the beach.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fraser Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fraser Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Seventy-five Mile Beach
71.43% of people who visit Fraser Island include Seventy-five Mile Beach in their plan
26.67% of people start their Seventy-five Mile Beach visit around 07 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Seventy-five Mile Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Seventy-five Mile Beach