Events and Festivals in Freeport
- January: The Junkanoo Parade takes place on the 1st and makes for a very vibrant event. Exuberant crowds clap and cheer and enjoy amazing music, dance and costumes.
- February: The best of fishermen compete in the Bahamas Wahoo Championships.
- March: The party moves to the West End as the Junkanoo Spring Fest rolls in.
- April: Coconut Festival takes place on the 5th of April. It is a traditional celebration of Bahamian heritage with coconut based food and drink items – it’s a must on any list of things or activities to do in Freeport.
- May: Savour the delight of the superior quality Bahamian cigars over a 2 day event in Lucaya.
- June: June is time for the Grand Bahama Regatta when sailors across the Bahamas unite and compete in various races. It is a carnival weekend with a spectacular spread of food, drink and music.
- July: Taino Beach hosts an exhibition of Bahamian culture every Thursday of the month. 9th July is the National Independence Day of the Bahamas. A number of events are planned across the island.
- August: August is time for Cha Cha. The Freetown Cha Cha Festival is hosted on the 1st of August in the Freetown village. It includes many performances and dance contests.
- October: The Freeport Fall Festival celebrates the onset of fall with the convergence of fabulous music, art and craft exhibitions and more. The Grand Bahama Jazz Rhythm and Blues Festival is also held in October and brings together world renowned jazz musiciansto this tiny island.
- November: Junkanoo Jam returns to Freeport at the Radisson Our Lucaya Resort.
- December: Experience a Caribbean Christmas at the Rand Nature Centre which hosts live music, food stalls, wine tastings etc. The Boxing Day Junkanoo Parade is an unparalleled sight that lasts from 5 pm till midnight.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Freeport