Events and Festivals in Freeport
- January: The Junkanoo Parade takes place on the 1st and makes for a very vibrant event. Exuberant crowds clap and cheer and enjoy amazing music, dance and costumes.
- February: The best of fishermen compete in the Bahamas Wahoo Championships.
- March: The party moves to the West End as the Junkanoo Spring Fest rolls in.
- April: Coconut Festival takes place on the 5th of April. It is a traditional celebration of Bahamian heritage with coconut based food and drink items – it’s a must on any list of things or activities to do in Freeport.
- May: Savour the delight of the superior quality Bahamian cigars over a 2 day event in Lucaya.
- June: June is time for the Grand Bahama Regatta when sailors across the Bahamas unite and compete in various races. It is a carnival weekend with a spectacular spread of food, drink and music.
- July: Taino Beach hosts an exhibition of Bahamian culture every Thursday of the month. 9th July is the National Independence Day of the Bahamas. A number of events are planned across the island.
- August: August is time for Cha Cha. The Freetown Cha Cha Festival is hosted on the 1st of August in the Freetown village. It includes many performances and dance contests.
- October: The Freeport Fall Festival celebrates the onset of fall with the convergence of fabulous music, art and craft exhibitions and more. The Grand Bahama Jazz Rhythm and Blues Festival is also held in October and brings together world renowned jazz musiciansto this tiny island.
- November: Junkanoo Jam returns to Freeport at the Radisson Our Lucaya Resort.
- December: Experience a Caribbean Christmas at the Rand Nature Centre which hosts live music, food stalls, wine tastings etc. The Boxing Day Junkanoo Parade is an unparalleled sight that lasts from 5 pm till midnight.
Trip plans for Freeport
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Freeport
Freeport Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Freeport
Grand Bahama ATV Tour from Freeport21 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
Set off on an ATV Tour along winding trails through dense forests and vegetation to a trail that leads to a lookout point sur...Book Now
Freeport Snorkeling and Catamaran Cruise to Peterson Cay National Park8 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Explore the crystal-clear waters off the coast of Grand Bahama on this Freeport snorkeling tour. Aboard a spacious catamaran,...Book Now
Paradise Cove Day Pass with Transport from Freeport70 Reviews
While youre in Freeport, visit secluded Paradise Cove with this convenient day pass with round-trip transport. Spend the day ...Book Now
Save 17%Bahamas East End and Lucayan National Park Tour49 Reviews
Duration: 5 Hrs
A real treat for nature lovers. Come along and discover Ben's Cave - the longest, underwater surveyed cave system leading to ...
- Events & Festivals in Nassau
- Events & Festivals in Cococay
- Events & Festivals in Eleuthera
- Events & Festivals in Chub Cay
- Events & Festivals in Deadman's Cay Settlement
- Events & Festivals in Hope Town
- Events & Festivals in Upper Bogue
- Events & Festivals in Sa Andros Bahama Village
- Events & Festivals in Hartswell
- Events & Festivals in Xitun District
- Events & Festivals in San Vittore
- Events & Festivals in Meggarine
- Events & Festivals in São Martinho Da Gândara
- Events & Festivals in Arcinazzo Romano
- Events & Festivals in Polán
- Events & Festivals in Szikszó
- Events & Festivals in Gmina Twardogóra
- Events & Festivals in Folgoso De La Ribera