Events and Festivals in Freeport
- January: The Junkanoo Parade takes place on the 1st and makes for a very vibrant event. Exuberant crowds clap and cheer and enjoy amazing music, dance and costumes.
- February: The best of fishermen compete in the Bahamas Wahoo Championships.
- March: The party moves to the West End as the Junkanoo Spring Fest rolls in.
- April: Coconut Festival takes place on the 5th of April. It is a traditional celebration of Bahamian heritage with coconut based food and drink items – it’s a must on any list of things or activities to do in Freeport.
- May: Savour the delight of the superior quality Bahamian cigars over a 2 day event in Lucaya.
- June: June is time for the Grand Bahama Regatta when sailors across the Bahamas unite and compete in various races. It is a carnival weekend with a spectacular spread of food, drink and music.
- July: Taino Beach hosts an exhibition of Bahamian culture every Thursday of the month. 9th July is the National Independence Day of the Bahamas. A number of events are planned across the island.
- August: August is time for Cha Cha. The Freetown Cha Cha Festival is hosted on the 1st of August in the Freetown village. It includes many performances and dance contests.
- October: The Freeport Fall Festival celebrates the onset of fall with the convergence of fabulous music, art and craft exhibitions and more. The Grand Bahama Jazz Rhythm and Blues Festival is also held in October and brings together world renowned jazz musiciansto this tiny island.
- November: Junkanoo Jam returns to Freeport at the Radisson Our Lucaya Resort.
- December: Experience a Caribbean Christmas at the Rand Nature Centre which hosts live music, food stalls, wine tastings etc. The Boxing Day Junkanoo Parade is an unparalleled sight that lasts from 5 pm till midnight.
Trip plans for Freeport
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Freeport
Freeport Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Freeport
Save 4%Paradise Cove Day Pass with Transport from Freeport70 Reviews
While youre in Freeport, visit secluded Paradise Cove with this convenient day pass with round-trip transport. Spend the day ...
Save 4%Freeport Bonfire on the Beach Bahamas Style25 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Party on the beach Bahamas style with fire dancing, limbo contests and an entertaining DJ! You'll feast on an all-you-can-eat...
Freeport Roundtrip Airport Transfers70 Reviews
Take the stress and uncertainty out of getting to your hotel and take the easy way! Enjoy round-trip transfers from either Fr...Book Now
Save 15%Freeport Shore Excursion: Lucayan National Park Tour31 Reviews
Duration: 5 Hrs
If you are a nature-lover docking in Freeport, this Grand Bahama shore excursion to Lucayan National Park is for you. The par...