Garden Of The GrovesCurrently Open
- Address: Midshipman Rd. and Magellan Dr, Freeport, Bahamas
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2423747778
- Ticket Price: 15 BSD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts
Spread over 12 acres, the Garden of the Groves is a haven of tropical plants and animals. The park was founded in 1973 and dedicated to Mr Wallace Groves, the founder of Freeport. It remains one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Bahamas. The Garden of the Groves is such a serene spot and is presently home to a number of native and migratory birds. The place is also filled with numerous ponds, waterfalls and fountains which it rather enchanting.
Take a tour of the garden and dive deep into its history, the flora and fauna that it has to offer.
The garden has a beautiful chapel that hosts a number of weddings and prayer meetings.
The children will love the expansive playground as well as the petting zoo in the garden. They can also keep busy at the art and crafts village.
The Garden Café and Bar is a good spot for a relaxed lunch. You can also avail the annual membership of the Garden and enjoy unlimited access for an entire year among other benefits.
Garden Of The Groves Travel Tips
- The main path of the garden is wheelchair accessible.
- The washrooms are wheelchair accessible.
- Book tours of the garden at your hotel tour desk or on board your cruise ship.
- For walk in visitors, the daily tour begins at 10 am.
- Be sure to carry some cash with you as some shops do not accept credit cards.
Entrance Ticket Details For Garden Of The Groves
- Ticket price for children under 12 is $10.
- Entry fee includes guided tour of the garden.
Garden Of The Groves Hours
- The Garden Cafe stays open till 9 pm on Friday.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Freeport before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Freeport and book an accommodation of your choice.
39.73% of people who visit Freeport include Garden Of The Groves in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
69.23% of people start their Garden Of The Groves visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Garden Of The Groves
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Garden Of The Groves