Peterson CayCurrently Open
- Address: Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, National Park, Park, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Peterson Cay is a small island off the southern shore of Grand Bahama. The sandy beaches against the blue aquatic backdrop complete the immaculate beauty of this scenic location. It is a great spot for relaxed sun bathing, swimming, family picnics and bird watching. It is also popular destination for deep divers and snorkelers.
Located in Peterson Cay is the smallest national park in the Bahamas called the Peterson Cay National Park. The National Park was established in 1959. Spread over a humble 1.5 acres, it is a habitat of gloriously stunning coral reefs and a range of underwater creatures.
The island is largely uninhabited and about 30 minutes from Port Lucaya Marina. Don’t leave the camera behind!
- It is possible to kayak your way to Peterson Cay from Barbary Beach.
- Peterson Cay is a protected wildlife sanctuary and needs to be respected as such. Do not leave behind waste or garbage. Do not cause damage to coral or plant life.
- Fishing and shelling are prohibited on the island.
- By Boat: Hire a boat from Port Lucaya Marina.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Freeport before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Freeport and book an accommodation of your choice.
39.02% of people who visit Freeport include Peterson Cay in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
83.33% of people start their Peterson Cay visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Peterson Cay
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Peterson Cay