Port Lucaya Marketplace830 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Sea Horse Road on Bell Channel Bay, P.O. Box F-43233, Freeport, Bahamas
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2423738446
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Market, Shopping Center, Family And Kids
If you wish to do some serious souvenir shopping during your visit to the Bahamas, then Port Lucaya Marketplace in Freeport is the destination you should head to! There is no ticket for Port Lucaya Marketplace as it is free for everyone to visit. If you would prefer, you can also buy tickets for Port Lucaya Marketplace tours and combine them with a number of other touring and sightseeing options. Our ticket portal allows you to check Port Lucaya Marketplace ticket prices for tours and select the best one.
Port Lucaya Marketplace is a very vibrant little market and a great destination for all your souvenir needs.
The marketplace has abundant food choices with every nook and corner filled with small kiosks and restaurants as well. Sellers are rather enthusiastic about attracting customers into their shops and you will have to accommodate a fair amount of haggling into the entire experience. The shops contain a healthy range of items such as clothes, gemstones, jewellery, crystals, crafts, handmade souvenirs etc.
The marketplace has a large straw market, one of the biggest in the Bahamas. Hou will find international brands being sold right next to authentic hand-crafted items.
Since shopping for Gucci or precious gemstones does not go very well with having the little ones cry out for your attention, the marketplace has some fun filled activities for the kids. This includes dance and music activities, art and crafts, street performances, and more.
If you want to or need to stray clear of the stores, check out Count Basie Square, the hub of entertainment at Port Lucaya Marketplace,Freeport, Bahamas. This outdoor stage hosts dance events, karaoke, local and international artists throughout the year.
The shopping complex is located close to the beach – so you could combine the retail therapy with some water sports.
The Port Lucaya Marketplace shops and restaurants benefits from the nice sea breeze and overlooks the beautiful waterfront. It makes for a nice open air shopping experience and quite a change from a day spent at your local mall.
Port Lucaya Marketplace Travel Tips
- The market can be accessed in a wheelchair. The pathways are stroller friendly as well.
- Washroom facilities are available.
- ATMs are available in the marketplace.
- In the marketplace, it is common for the visitors to be subjected to relentless peddling by shopkeepers.
- You have got to bargain at this market.
- Port Lucaya Marketplace tours are available.
- Taxis are readily available. Also, the marketplace can be accessed on foot from almost any part of Freeport.
Port Lucaya Marketplace Hours
- Most of the shops in this marketplace open at around 10 am. And most shops begin to close by 5:30 to 6 pm.
How to Reach Port Lucaya Marketplace
- Public ferry services: Pelican Bay hotel to Taino Beach Resort, Grand Bahama Yacht Club.
- Flying Fish Modern Seafood
- Mediterranean Restaurant and Bar
- Willy Broadleaf
- Churchill’s Chop House and Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Freeport before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Freeport and book an accommodation of your choice.
74.77% of people who visit Freeport include Port Lucaya Marketplace in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
75% of people start their Port Lucaya Marketplace visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Port Lucaya Marketplace
59.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Port Lucaya Marketplace