Fremantle PrisonCurrently Closed
- Address: 1 The Terrace, Fremantle WA 6160, Australia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +618-93369200
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: History Museum, Outdoors, Water Body, River, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Fremantle Prison - Review
The Fremantle prison will be one of the highlights of your trip to Fremantle. The erstwhile prison has now been converted into a tourist attraction where visitors can have an interesting insight into a prisoner’s life in the prison. Take one of the fascinating day tours that are timed so that you can experience both. The tours have excellent guides and are full of interesting activities like canoeing that will stay in your memory forever. For the brave hearted, there is the Torchlight tour that is designed to show you the creepy aspects of prison life. All-in-all, you will go back thanking your stars for not being a convict in this jail!
It is ironic that a place where once people used to dread to enter, is now such a popular tourist attraction that people from all over the globe crave to see it. The best way to see Fremantle Prison is by getting guided tours. Tickets for Fremantle Prison are available at the spot but usually take time because of extreme rush. You can beat the queue if you buy tickets for Fremantle Prison online. You can also check Fremantle Prison ticket prices on our ticketing section before going for them. Fremantle Prison tickets can also be bought in combination with other touring options for discounts.
Fremantle Prison Information
- Some place in the prison are wheelchair accessible, but places like the morgue are not disabled friendly.
- Children must be accompanied by adults on tours and some tours like the torchlight tour are not recommended for children under 10 years of age.
Fremantle Prison Ticket Prices
- Tickets for tours must be booked in advance and are non-refundable.
- Entry to the Gatehouse, Visitor Centre and Prison Gallery is free, only the tours are paid. Tour prices range from 20 AUD to 25 AUD per person, depending on the tour.
How To reach Fremantle Prison by Public Transport
- Disembark at bus stop 11 or 4 for the Fremantle Prison.
Restaurants Near Fremantle Prison
- Convict Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fremantle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fremantle and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Fremantle Prison
95% of people who visit Fremantle include Fremantle Prison in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
76.34% of people start their Fremantle Prison visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Fremantle Prison
64.27% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fremantle Prison
Fremantle Prison Map
Fremantle Prison Trips
Fremantle Prison, Fremantle Reviews
Well worth a visit if you are in the Perth/Fremantle area. Check out the wall art in the old prisoner cells it's really cool. The tour has a creepy feel to it at times, especially at night! The tours are well run by excellent tour guides who really bring the jail and it's conditions back to life. The execution room is really creepy.....
Amazing experience, particularly recommended the ‘behind the bars’ and ‘true crime’ tours. I was lucky enough to have a private tour, because it was the last ‘true crime’ tour, and Christie ( my tour guide) was amazingly entertaining. We had lots of fun, trying to scare other people of other tours and talking about all the creepiest inmates! Definitely one of the best tour I’ve attended to!
Great choice for a Wednesday night, never expected such a fun tour with lots of information, fun and a bit of theatrical scene. Simon was our guide, which provide us a wonderful experience. Would definitely recommend and make sure you go at night if you wanna spice up. :)
We went on the True Crime tour. The guide, Steven was next level. It was like he was living the part, drawing from deep within to tell the story. The subtle hand movements, the shifting feet. What a performance! What a champ! We love you Steve.
Overall a great take on Fremantle's history. Spooky at night, quite warm in the day. Suggest going on the cooler months. No free visiting areas inside. Tours are spaced so might have to wait if the tour started. Fee's are not small either but it's very educational. It will cost you quite a bit and the tour guides usually speak in English so people who do not know English might want to give it a miss.
All QuestionsFremantle prison
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa