Fremantle Prison3357 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
The Fremantle prison will be one of the highlights of your trip to Fremantle. The erstwhile prison has now been converted into a tourist attraction where visitors can have an interesting insight into a prisoner’s life in the prison. Take one of the fascinating day tours that are timed so that you can experience both. The tours have excellent guides and are full of interesting activities like canoeing that will stay in your memory forever. For the brave hearted, there is the Torchlight tour that is designed to show you the creepy aspects of prison life. All-in-all, you will go back thanking your stars for not being a convict in this jail!
It is ironic that a place where once people used to dread to enter, is now such a popular tourist attraction that people from all over the globe crave to see it. The best way to see Fremantle Prison is by getting guided tours. Tickets for Fremantle Prison are available at the spot but usually take time because of extreme rush. You can beat the queue if you buy tickets for Fremantle Prison online. You can also check Fremantle Prison ticket prices on our ticketing section before going for them. Fremantle Prison tickets can also be bought in combination with other touring options for discounts.
Fremantle Prison Travel Tips
- Some place in the prison are wheelchair accessible, but places like the morgue are not disabled friendly.
- Children must be accompanied by adults on tours and some tours like the torchlight tour are not recommended for children under 10 years of age.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fremantle Prison
- Tickets for tours must be booked in advance and are non-refundable.
- Entry to the Gatehouse, Visitor Centre and Prison Gallery is free, only the tours are paid. Tour prices range from 20 AUD to 25 AUD per person, depending on the tour.
How to Reach Fremantle Prison
- Disembark at bus stop 11 or 4 for the Fremantle Prison.
- Convict Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fremantle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fremantle and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Fremantle include Fremantle Prison in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
76.16% of people start their Fremantle Prison visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Fremantle Prison
82.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fremantle Prison