Monument Hill War Memorial
About Monument Hill War Memorial, Fremantle
The Fremantle War Memorial is a war memorial located on Monument Hill, an 11-acre (4.45-hectare) public reserve and hill in Fremantle, Western Australia. The memorial itself comprises a large obelisk, the Fallen Soldiers' and Sailors' Memorial, surrounded by eight smaller memorials. The site, located on High Street near the centre of Fremantle, overlooks Fremantle Harbour, and was established by the Fremantle Town Council in 1928 to commemorate the losses of the First World War, having been used as a public reserve since the early 19th century.Wikipedia
Overview of Monument Hill War Memorial
You are looking at travel information of Monument Hill War Memorial in Fremantle. Monument Hill War Memorial is often skipped on the visit, owing to the plethora of other prime attractions of Fremantle.
Home to bountiful attractions like Fremantle Prison, Fremantle Esplanade Reserve, Western Australian Maritime Museum, Fremantle Market and Fremantle Fishing Harbor, there are many things to do in Fremantle that you can explore on your visit.
Top rated Fremantle tours do not include Monument Hill War Memorial in their schedule, you can add it to your plan anyway.
More about Fremantle
Use Fremantle trip planner to visit Monument Hill War Memorial and many others to your visit.
Oomph up your visit by adding the best hotels in Fremantle like Cottesloe Beach Hotel, Sullivans Hotel and Comfort Inn & Suites Goodearth Perth (formerly Goodearth Hotel).
Curated Fremantle vacation packages await! Book the best ones and start turning your dream into reality.Discover various ways for how to reach Fremantle and complete the booking by choosing your mode of transport.
Book Monument Hill War Memorial Tickets And Tours
Share your experience - Rate Monument Hill War Memorial, Fremantle
....What a beautiful, tranquil and serene spot to have this Memorial to remember the many fallen who gave up their own lives for WHAT???? They are honoured by having their memorial in a elevated hill, one of the highest points in Fremantle where one can survey the whole of the port. Very beautiful and well maintained. Soul moving experience!!....
Very historic location and a lasting memorial to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. A place for reflection with great views of the Port
I take my boys here and teach them the history of australia throughout the wars we have been involved in, also a great place to take the family for dinner and watch the sunset ect.
My favorite place to think, or completely blank out if I don't want to think... a safe zone... Home.
it was quite hard walking up the hill to having this view, but is was worth to see .
- Other Attractions
- 230 Brunswick St
- 690 Ann St
- Winn Street
- James Street
- Brunswick St Mall
- Emporium Hotel Brisbane
- Gerard’s Bistro
- Bunk Backpackers
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 5 Star Hotels Near 230 Brunswick St
- Luxury Hotels Near 690 Ann St
- Luxury Hotels Near Winn Street
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near James Street
- Hotels Near Fortitude Valley City Center
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Fortitude Valley, Platform 1
- Budget Hotels Near Brunswick St Mall
- Cheap Hotels Near Emporium Hotel Brisbane
- Cheap Hotels Near Gerard’s Bistro
- Budget Hotels Near Bunk Backpackers
- City Tripplans
- Fremantle Itinerary 4 Days
- Fremantle Itinerary 3 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Fremantle from Fremantle
- Fremantle Itinerary 1 Day
- 2 Day Trip to Fremantle from Fremantle
- Fremantle Itinerary 6 Days
- 7 Day Trip to Fremantle from Fremantle
- Fremantle Itinerary 5 Days
- Fremantle Itinerary 7 Days
- Top Attractions Of Fremantle In Two Days