Are you looking for what to do in Fremantle?
PLACES TO SEE
- The afternoon breeze is great for those who want to engage in water based and sailing activities, such as surfing, snorkelling and kite-sailing at Port Beach. You could also visit both the Shipwreck Gallery and E-shed weekend market on Bathers Beach. In fact there are an abundance of beachfronts in Fremantle, for you to explore, each offering unique opportunities for adventure.
- Being a historic port town, Fremantle has a more than few maritime museums, as well as historical buildings such as Samson House. Built in the 1880’s, it was the home of the prominent Fremantle family of Sir Frederick Samson, the longest serving mayor of Fremantle.
- You should also consider taking a ferry to the close by Rottnest Island, where you can explore the oceans, be fascinated by war history and see rare animals like the quokka.
THINGS TO DO
There are a few places where you can spend the night, some of them are:
- Mojo’s: This is a popular live music pub. Here you find both local and national DJs playing good music. There is also a beer garden at the back.
- Fly by Night Musicians Club: Here there is variety, the club is run by musos for musos. It is also quite popular with both locals and tourists.
- Metropolis Fremantle: If you are looking for good music this is the place to be. Popular international and Australian live bands and DJs are always here. You wont be disappointed.
- Swan Hotel: A popular spot on the Swan Hotel basement, here you watch DJs and live bands perform.
- Kulcha: Another popular place, world music and dance styles as well as drama are all done here. From Indonesian tribal music and salsa classes to Jamaican reggae and Indian music workshops.
Below we have a list of things to do in Fremantle and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Fremantle getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Fremantle with confidence.