Woodward ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Fresno, CA, USA, 93720, United States
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5596212900
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Play Ground, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Amphitheater, Landmarks, Parks
Donated by a kind hearted resident Ralph woodward in 1968, this chunk of land was later revamped as an regional park and bird sanctuary housing a wide variety of winged birds. Spread over an area of 300 acres, the park today stands as an amazing getaway for visitors with its vast range of amenities including multi-use amphitheatre, play grounds, waterbodies, dog park, Barbeque zone and furnished picnic areas. The place is also a home to Shinzen Friendship Garden, a Japanese styled American garden featuring a beautiful koi pond exhibiting the different aspect of Japanese culture. The garden, spread over an area of 5 acres poignantly holds up the Japanese belief of inculcating all the fours seasons in their architecture with each of them marked differently with a granite marker. Decked with places such as Double Moon Bridge, Ume Grove, Tea House and Clark Bonsai Collection, the place makes a great spot for visitors to visit and explore.For more adventurous souls, the park offers numerous trail to tread on and enjoy. An open park, the place makes a perfect spot to visit with your companions and go for a afternoon picnic or camping.
Woodward Park Travel Tips
- Park entrance fee shall be waived for motor vehicles displaying a valid disabled person placard.
Entrance Ticket Details For Woodward Park
- Per vehicle: 5 USD
- Vehicle with senior citizen (65+) as passenger or driver: 3 USD
Shinzen Japanese Garden:
- Adult: 5 USD
- Children (4-14 Years), Seniors (62+), Students and Veterans: 1 USD
- Family (2-5 People): 7 USD
- Free for children under 4.
- Per Vehicle: 5 USD
- Seniors: 3 USD
- On Holidays: 7 USD
Woodward Park Hours
Shinzen Japanese Garden:
- From October 1 to March 31: Saturday, Sunday and Holidays - 10 AM to 5 PM
- Clark Bonsai Collection at Shinzen: Saturday, Sunday and Holidays - 10 AM to 4 PM
How to Reach Woodward Park
- By Taxi
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fresno before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fresno and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.04% of people who visit Fresno include Woodward Park in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
38.24% of people start their Woodward Park visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Woodward Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Woodward Park