James M. Robb - Colorado River State Park
About James M. Robb - Colorado River State Park, Fruita
The James M. Robb – Colorado River State Park is a Colorado State Park along the Colorado River in Mesa County near Grand Junction, Colorado. The 890-acre (3.6 km2) park established in 1994 has five distinct sections providing access to the river. The Island Acres and Fruita segments have campsites and swim beaches. The other three segments, Corn Lake, Connected Lakes and the Colorado River Wildlife Area are for day use only. Corn Lake, Connected Lakes and Fruita have boat ramps. The downriver float trip between Corn Lake and Connected Lakes is about 10 miles (16 km), as is the trip between Connected Lakes and Fruita. Both trips include some class II rapids.Wikipedia
Overview of James M. Robb - Colorado River State Park
As you traverse the city of Fruita, you'll stumble upon James M. Robb - Colorado River State Park. Although listed here, James M. Robb - Colorado River State Park is not one of the most visited sightseeing places in Fruita.
More about Fruita
Make your visit suitable to your interest, use Fruita trip planner for personalization.
Add comfortable hotels to your plan, choose from the recommended hotels in Fruita like Junction West Rv Park - A Cruise Inn Park, La Quinta Inn & Suites Fruita and Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction.
If you want to add the visit to James M. Robb - Colorado River State Park in your trip, you can choose from the variety of Fruita vacation packages that can be designed to suit your preferences. These packages also cover your major concern of how to reach Fruita.
Share your experience - Rate James M. Robb - Colorado River State Park, Fruita
Felt like we were camping at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Beautiful canyon walls on both sides with the Colorado River at your door. State Park so fees were very reasonable. We had E/W/S. Make sure to ask for sewer if you want it,as all the sites do not have it. Easy on/off highway but you can hear the trucks during peak times.
Beautiful and well maintained campground. The campground has nice grassy areas and gravel driveways so we never get a tent full of sand. We love visiting yearly for the Palisade Peach Festival in mid August.
One of the best designed and maintained state parks I have ever experienced. It is especially good for RV's with wide site spacing and ample pull thru dimensions. It offers full hookups as well as electric only. Pads are leveled concrete! Picnic table has a permanent metal "roof" covering with metal loops all around to tie more vertical tarps to block wind or sun. The large bed of pea gravel in the table and fire pit area is PERFECT for a few tents for the kids 2 medium sized tents would fit. Very clean. The lack of shade is my only reason to withhold a 5 start rating as well as the lack of swimming.
Outstanding! This was the shakedown trip for our new camper. All went well. The park staff was very good and nice, especially the camp hosts.
Very friendly and awesome staff,and that is a big plus for me. But weither you are ⛺ camping or RV camping it is so peaceful and relaxing. It's right on the river and they have their own lakes, trails to walk. Of course with the lakes there are those pesky like guys, the mosquitoes. So be sure and take your repellant!
- Other Attractions
- Coors Field
- Union Station
- Sports Authority Field At Mile High
- Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey
- Larimer Square
- Colorado Convention Center
- Great Divide Brewery
- History Colorado Center
- Rock Bottom Brewery
- Cherry Creek Shopping Center
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 5 Star Hotels Near Coors Field
- Budget Hotels Near Union Station
- Hotels Near Sports Authority Field At Mile High
- Hotels Near Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey
- Budget Hotels Near Larimer Square
- Hotels Near Colorado Convention Center
- Cheap Hotels Near Great Divide Brewery
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near History Colorado Center
- 5 Star Hotels Near Rock Bottom Brewery
- 5 Star Hotels Near Cherry Creek Shopping Center
- City Tripplans
- 5 Days Trip to fruita
- 4 Days Trip to fruita
- 2 Days Trip to fruita
- 1 Day Trip to fruita
- 3 Days Trip to fruita
- 6 Days Trip to fruita
- 18 Day Trip to Denver, Aspen, Glenwood Springs, Alamosa, Montrose, Fruita, Black Canyon National Park from Omaha
- 26 Day Trip to Canada, United States from Montreal
- 20 Day Trip to United States from Boulder
- 17 Day Trip to San Marcos, Black Hawk, Fruita, Grand Canyon National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Zion National Park from Platte