Fukuoka TowerCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: Japan, 〒814-0001 Fukuoka Prefecture, Fukuoka, Fukuoka-shi
- Timings: 09:30 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-928230234
- Ticket Price: 800 JPY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, View Point, Family And Kids, Tower, Observation Deck
The 234-metre tower is the tallest seaside tower in Japan. The 8000 half-mirrors that cover the tower gave it the name of 'Mirror-Sail'. Visitors actually have three different observation decks from which to take in the views - at 116 metres, a cafe-lounge at 120 metres, and another deck at 123 metres. Inside, there's also a lover's area, where a couple can purchase a lock to be set on to the indoor fence. The tower is also interesting to view at night… from the outside that is, when it is beautifully illuminated with LED lights.
Unlike the Tokyo Tower, which has a similar view, this tower is rarely crowded, and it's cheaper too. Fun fact: it featured in a Godzilla movie.
- Check out the souvenir store.
- Student (Primary, Junior High), Over 65 years of age: 500yen
- Child (under four): 200yen
The group admission prices are:
- Adult (High school students and above): 640yen
- Student (Primary, Junior High): 400yen
- Child (under four): 160yen
- Adult (High school students +) 500yen
- Student (Primary, Junior High) 300yen
- Child (under four) 100yen
- The tower is closed for two days in June, though dates are not specific. Inquiree before hand
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing time.
- Subway Kuku/Yellow Line stop Nishijin Station
- Buses 1, 1-5, 2, 2-9, 6 302, 303, 306, 312, Urban Expressway, W1, W2, stop Fukuoka Tower Minamiguchi
- Buses 11, 300, 301, 302, 303, 312 stop Momochihama 4-chome(bus)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fukuoka-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fukuoka-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.75% of people who visit Fukuoka-shi include Fukuoka Tower in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
60% of people start their Fukuoka Tower visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Fukuoka Tower
81.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fukuoka Tower
Great place to have a look of Fukuoka City!! The tower building reflected different kind of theme at night. There are some spots to take pictures inside it. Also, restaurants to fill an empty stomach outside the tower.
Went here at after sunset, around 6pm. The night view of Fukuoka is amazing. The tower itself is not that high. There is few restaurant nearby, one at the very base of the tower, and another food court area around 3 mins walk. Easily accessible by bus if you are staying at Hakata area.
Didn't have any expectations, as it doesn't seem that tall. But once you're at the.observation deck, this changed my mind. It was breath-taking good. You can see the whole of Fukuoka city, planes landing go Fukuoka, beaches in front of the Fukuoka tower. The restaurant serves limited choices, but it sure tasted good with a stunning view to enjoy and relax. Definitely recommend people to visit this awesome place. Only downside is that the railway station is quite far. TaKing the bus is easier.
Great views of Fukuoka, already going up in the lift.. Have a stroll on the beach afterwards. Not easy to get to if you don't have a car but worth it!
Good price, discount if you’re a foreigner (bring your passport!) and English speaking guides. Nice view.