How to Reach Fukuoka-shi - The Easiest Way to Reach Fukuoka-shi
- By Air: Fukuoka International Airport: There are four terminals. Three domestic, and one international (take a bus transfer from terminal T2). Terminal one handles flights from small cities. Terminal 2 receives flights from larger cities and has the subway station connect to the city. Terminal 3 has no departures, only arrivals. The international one mostly flies to major cities in China, Korea and South East Asia.
- By Train: Hakata Station receives Shinkansen trains from Kitakyushu, Shimonoseki, Hiroshima, Okayama, Kyoto, Nagoya and Tokyo and Osaka on the Sanyo (north) line. Other trains are received from Nagasaki and Kagoshima.
- By Bus: There are many, many bus services to Fukuoka from practically every city of note on the island.
- By Boat: The harbour receivesJR Kyushu's Jet Ferry the Beetle from Busan in South Korea; and the Meimon Taiyo Ferry to Osaka; and the Kyuetsu runs to Naoetsu (Niigata) and Muroran (Hokkaido).
- By Subway: The city has three major subway lines – Kuko, Nanakuma, and the Hakozaki. The Kuko line connects to the airport. Check the online Fukuoka subway map; getting around should be fairly easy. Get a Yokanet or a WaiWai card, each which has advantages and disadvantes.
- By Foot: The downtown area, where most of the attractions are, can be covered on foot, especially if your hotel is there.
- By Bus: The bus networks is comprehensive and easy once you figure it out. Combine bus and subway trip using the Fukuoka Tourist City Pass.
- By Car: Learn the road rules. Parking can be problematic
- By Taxi: Taxis are not cheap, and don’t expect your driver to speak English well. Write down where you need to go (or snap a picture of the address in Japanese)
Are you looking for a Fukuoka-shi travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Fukuoka-shi
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Fukuoka-shi. The most preferred mode of transport in Fukuoka-shi is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 42.5 km Average time: 52.5 min
Train/Metro 100%Train 37.5 min Waiting 7.5 min Walking 7.5 min Overall average time for 42.5 kms 52.5 min
How to Reach Fukuoka-shi from Nearby Cities
|Kasuga Station to Fukuoka-shi||12.47 km||12 mins|
|Dazaifu to Fukuoka-shi||18.83 km||18 mins|
|Kitakyushu to Fukuoka-shi||61.78 km||1 hour 1 mins|
|Hita to Fukuoka-shi||67.17 km||1 hour 7 mins|
|Kumamoto to Fukuoka-shi||107.71 km||1 hour 38 mins|
|Isahaya to Fukuoka-shi||129.22 km||1 hour 37 mins|
- How to reach Imari
- How to reach Shimonoseki
- How to reach Obita
- How to reach Kumamoto
- How to reach Beppu
- How to reach Takachiho
- How to reach Oshima District
- How to reach Nishimorokata District
- How to reach Hiroshima
- How to reach Tokyo
- How to reach Kyoto
- How to reach Nara
- How to reach Narita
- How to reach Nagoya-shi
- How to reach Kanazawa-shi