Joten-ji74 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1 Chome-29-9 Hakata Ekimae, Hakata Ward, Fukuoka, Fukuoka Prefecture 812-0011, Japan, Fukuoka-shi Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-924313570
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
One of the more remarkable facts about how the city of Fukuoka is laid out is this: even in the busiest and most bustling shopping and business areas, a nearby temple nearby will almost always have a zen-like tranquility to it. Constructed in 1242, this temple is the heart of the Buddhist school of the Tofukuji sect. The temple has significant offerings - Buddhist statues from Kamamura period, a Korean copper bell, a Buddhist stone garden (which you can't enter, but certainly can watch from the adjoining path). Some hilarious but quite important stone monuments are to food items like dumplings and udon noodles, which were apparently introduced to the area by the founder of the temple - Enni-Ben’en. Walking around the gardens Is a peaceful experience.
- Timings given our approximation is based on general temple timings in the city. Actually visiting hours may be different so please call the attraction before your visit.
How to Reach Joten-ji
- Gion Subway Station, Kuko/Yellow Line
- 3, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3N, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 19, 29, 29N, 30, 32, 39, 39B, 40, 47, 48, 48-1, 50, 56, 57, 68, 80, 88, 99, 100, 113, 114, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 208, 306, 312, 400, 503, 506, 507, 514, 515, 526 stop Gion-machi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fukuoka-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fukuoka-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Joten-ji Address: 1 Chome-29-9 Hakata Ekimae, Hakata Ward, Fukuoka, Fukuoka Prefecture 812-0011, Japan, Fukuoka-shi
- Joten-ji Contact Number: +81-924313570
- Joten-ji Timing: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Joten-ji(preferred time): 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Joten-ji: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
7.14% of people who visit Fukuoka-shi include Joten-ji in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
27.27% of people start their Joten-ji visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Joten-ji
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Joten-ji
People normally club together Shofuku-ji and Tochoji while planning their visit to Joten-ji.