Kego Shrine44 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2-2-20 Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka 810-0001, Fukuoka Prefecture, Fukuoka-shi, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-927718551
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids
This shrine, though pretty seems to receive a lot of attention purely as a virtue of being close to the Tenjin shopping area. This incidental traffic keep's the shrine's charms active in attention of tourists. Back in the day, local feudal lords used to worship at this shrine, and it is also relevant to historical events such as the revolt of the Fujiwara Sumitomo. One quirk of the shrine are the foot baths. For practically no expense whatsoever, you may dip your feet into a pool of heated water during the daytime. That said, the shrine's keepers appreciate small donations that help play for the pool's heating bills.
How to Reach Kego Shrine
- Tenjin Subway Station (Kuko / Yellow Line).
- Tenjinami Subway Station (Nakamuka / Green Line)
- Buses 3, 12, 13, 51, 52, 52-1, 56, 57, 57-1, 71, 74, 77, 140, Express , Local stop Tenjin Fukugin Honten-mae (13) (bus)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fukuoka-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fukuoka-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.44% of people who visit Fukuoka-shi include Kego Shrine in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
53.85% of people start their Kego Shrine visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Kego Shrine
90% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kego Shrine