Kushida Shrine, Fukuoka-shi
About Kushida Shrine, Fukuoka-shi
Kushida Shrine, Fukuoka-shi - Address, Phone Number
Address: 1-41 Kamikawabatamachi, Hakata Ward, Fukuoka, Fukuoka Prefecture 812-0026, Japan
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 04:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
Added 3.4K times in trip plans
Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This shrine, dedicated to the goddess Amaterasu, is the city's oldest. It was built in 757. Locals are much more enamored with it than tourists, as it is thought to be the guardian temple of the city.
The first item of interest, after you pass the elegant red torii gates, is the ancient gingko tree in the yard, said to be one thousand years old. Surround it are monument stones, including the Etoarror plate, said to have been taken from the location of the 13th century Mongol invasion. See the fountain of three cranes, into which is carved the image of men pulling along a huge float. That represents one of the city's major festivals - the Hakata GionYamakasa - of which the shrine is a host.
Also on the shrine grounds is the Hakata Historical Museum.
Kushida Shrine Information
- Parking available for about 100 cars.
- Check out the gift shop, where you can buy charms of luck and protection.
How To reach Kushida Shrine by Public Transport
- Gion Subway Station, Kuko/Yellow Line
- 6, 6-1, 8, 46, 46-1, 68, 80, 100, 113, 114, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 208, 503, 506, 507, 526 stop Minami Shinchi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fukuoka-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fukuoka-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kushida Shrine, Fukuoka-shi Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Forza Hakata
- Tonagi Hostel And Cafe
- Fukuoka-airport Station
- Yodobashi Camera Multimedia Hakata
- First Cabin Hakata
- President Hotel Hakata
- Nishitetsu Hotel Croom Hakata
- Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk
- Fukuoka-shi Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Fukuoka-shi
- What to See in 48 Hours in Fukuoka-shi
- What to See in 72 Hours in Fukuoka-shi
- How to Spend 5 Days in Fukuoka-shi
- How to Spend 6 Days in Fukuoka-shi
- How to Spend 7 Days in Fukuoka-shi