Maizuru Park And Fukuoka Castle Remains400 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jonai, Chuo Ward, Fukuoka, Fukuoka Prefecture 810-0043, Japan, Fukuoka-shi
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +81-927812153
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids
During the Edo Period, this park was part of the grounds of the Fukuoka Castle, of which only a few scattered ruins remain, walls and turrets, and the remnant of the castle moat has become the lake of the neighboring Ohori Park. The castle was torn down during the Meiji Restoration in the 19th century, during a time of fervent rejection of Japan's feudal past. The park itself is now a lovely area to stroll, especially in spring, when the cherry-blossom trees on either side of the path bloom, forming a beautiful tunnel. Hanami parties are a common sight during that time. From the viewpoint at top of the castle walls you see a lovely sight of the city.
How to Reach Maizuru Park And Fukuoka Castle Remains
- Buses 6, 6-1, 7, 8, 12, 14, 113, 114, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 208, K, Local stop Akasaka 3-chome(bus)
- Buses 3, 12, 13, 71, 77, 78, 79, 140 stop Otemon&HeiwadaiRikujouKyougijoiriguchi(bus)
- Kuko/Yellow Line stop Subway station Ohorikoen Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fukuoka-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fukuoka-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
35.84% of people who visit Fukuoka-shi include Maizuru Park And Fukuoka Castle Remains in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
47.37% of people start their Maizuru Park And Fukuoka Castle Remains visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Maizuru Park And Fukuoka Castle Remains
91.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Maizuru Park And Fukuoka Castle Remains